1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

ended up wearing this jacket the way it looks here and fortunately the wax evened out. i guess the combination of gravity and motion resolved the problem. Jacket is also darkened a little bit. great stuff. what a wonderful jacket would love one in the navy

2. poena

poena Senior member

for those of you using the warm liner. Do you hook the loop at the top of the jacket? Maybe I'm doing it wrong but when I do it feels like the jacket is being pulled upwards. I can feel the liner on my neck and it's not that comfortable. This is on a Bedale.

But if I only zip it in the jacket and liner are all floppy when I take it off.

3. Principle

Principle Senior member

4. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

Just my opinion, but it looks very technical and fly fishing specific. The outer fabric and color would look strange with a normal outfit, to say nothing of the mesh pocket. I also bet it fits like a tent (but that goes for a lot of Barbours).

Reminds me of:

[​IMG]

5. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

Nope.

6. Principle

Principle Senior member

7. previlo

previlo Member

Yes, its a Barbour sizing convention, for example the Dufflecoat has UK 40/ EU 48 and UK 42/ EU 50 (!), but be aware the Duffle has a very roomy fit. For example I am 183cm tall with around 85kg and normally fit EU 50 or 52, and fit easily within the UK 40/ EU 48, but the arms are way too short, to have a regular arm length I would need to take the UK 42/ EU 50, but this one has a ver wide chest, way too wide (even if I wear a suit underneath, I essentially could wear a shirt, sweater and a thick down jacket….).

8. Mariokartfever

Fashion advice.

I agree with the other poster, it just looks to technical to be worn casually.

To each his own, though.

9. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

And by "too technical" he means "asinine". :nodding:

10. adebisi

adebisi Senior member

My barbour x white mountaineering jackets SS15[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. atthebeach

atthebeach New Member

I have the Barbour Ashby in medium, and I am looking for the Polarquilt liner. Would you suggest getting the liner in the same size or size down?

12. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Senior member

I have the Ashby in medium and sized down to a Small for the Liner. fits very well inside. I would try to find a store that carries them and try both a small and medium though.

1 person likes this.
  13. atthebeach

atthebeach New Member

Good advice. Thanks!

14. Edward1

Edward1 New Member

Hi ever body i'm edoardo from italy,i'm about to get my first bedale jacket from countryattire.com but i ve got some doubts regarding the size. Few days ago i tried a Beaufort on in a store (finding a bedale is not that easy in rome),it was a 36 and it looked fine,i looked at the sleeves in particular,since i know the Beaufort is longer than the bedale.so i was about to order a 36 but today i met a friend of mine Who was wearing a bedale;it was a vintage jacket (a105),same size of the Beaufort i tried on some days ago. He let me try it on but with my surprise i found it way smaller than the Beaufort (especially the sleeves were barely covering my wrists even if i was wearing only a t shirt). Now my question is: looking at the way the bedale fits me i think i could go even for a 38 but do you think i should "trust" the bedale fitting even if it is an old jacket?
    P.s. Sorry if my english wasn't so proper!! :D

15. MrKaizen

MrKaizen Well-Known Member

I would get the 36. Don't think only about sleeves but at full fitting, a large bedale could end up like a tent.

1 person likes this.
  16. previlo

previlo Member

17. Edward1

Edward1 New Member

Thank you for your advices guys. Just ordered my bedale in green olive,size 36! Hope it is gonna be here before new year's eve;fingers crossed! :slayer:

18. kostyle

kostyle New Member

Hi guys,

Just got my barbour commander jacket and I'm very happy with it. However, it looks like the barbour x to ki to version had a detachable hood...which I would definitely appreciate. Does anyone know if getting a hood for the barbour commander jacket would be possible? Thanks.

19. Mariokartfever

I doubt this would be possible without a custom tailoring job. IIRC, the to ki to version had a zipper around the collar that would connect to a hood (this zipper was removed in the movie skyfall even though bond was wearing the to ki to version).

20. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out my size in the SL Bedale. Although it was very trim fit on me, I think the Ashby in size M would be the correct size for me. I also wear a size 38 in the Beaufort and Border, but I guess those models don't say much about what size I should go for in the SL Bedale...

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Edit: just to clarify, I am a bit worried that a size M SL Bedale will be too slim fitting... Or maybe I am wrong?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014