1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

Just ordered a Lutz from Country Attire in the 20% sale despite my reservations about the lack of breathability. Tried one on in house of fraser and while the medium was OK, I couldn't get a sweater under it. I have a Stanley in medium but have had to go large with the Lutz to get a little room for winter layers. Here's hoping this one works out.
    For the record I'm 5-10 164lbs and 41" chest. Medium is perfect for summer, snug for winter.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. Cadenza

Cadenza Member

Hi everyone, got a sizing question concerning the Bristol and the Ashby.

I tried an M-sized Bristol today, the sleeve length was absolutely perfect and the fit was spot-on. It had just a bit of extra space to fit a thicker sweater. The length seemed fine to me too as it was not a bumfreezer but not too long either. Still, the Ashby seems pretty smart too. Is the sizing on the Ashby similar to the Bristol, i.e. would an M-sized Ashby be close to the fit on the Bristol?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

Curious about this as well. Tried on a M Ashby and it fit great but was much too short for my liking.

4. Cadenza

Cadenza Member

You are swaying me towards the Bristol. Too bad the store did not have an Ashby for me to try on.

5. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

Well, bear in mind I'm 6' 3" with a long torso. For many I think the Ashby will be a good length.

6. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

Oh, also, just placed an order for a Barbour on End Clothing, shipping to the US. Order went through fine. Fingers crossed that I don't get an email tomorrow saying it was a mistake.

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ I ordered my Chelsea from End last year about this time … no problems. Good luck!

8. Badandy

Badandy Senior member

Any places I can order for US delivery at better than retail prices? Having a tough time finding any places other than Orvis and North River Outfitters, both of which don't seem to discount Barbour...

Heading to NYC in a month and was looking to snag a Sapper before then.

9. Valere

Valere New Member

Hi,

there has been quite a few posts about the fit of the bedale / bedale sl and ashby. I've ordered a Bedalse SL in sage and an Ashby in navy from countryattire.com

See photos below:

Bedale SL (Size S)
    [​IMG]

Ashby (Size S)
    [​IMG]

The Bedale SL is definitely slimmer.

What do you guys think about the fit? I will return one of the two but not sure which one yet.

10. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I like the ashby on you better. JMO

11. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

This one looks better on you.
    Can you layer underneath it?

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Kinda hard to tell from those pix really… they both look fine to me.

13. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

it really helps if people post height/weight details as well, otherwise 'i'm wearing a size s' is kinda pointless.

14. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

The difference is minor and I prefer Bedale SL. How about the position of the armhole? They feel the same?

and can you post your height and weight for ref?

Thanks a lot for sharing!!

15. Valere

Valere New Member

Thanks for your opinion guys. Here are my measurements:

Height: 175 cm
    Weight: 66 kg

I can definitely layer under the ashby. The Bedale Sl was fine with a shirt and sweater, but I would have struggled to wear it with a suit jacket.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  16. previlo

previlo Member

If a Bristol in M fits you well, then you need an Ashby in L.
    At least that is my combination which fits me well (183cm tall and around 80kg).

17. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

Hmm, well, here's hoping I can make the medium Bristol work. I'm a bit taller than you (190cm), but close to the same weight. Have a medium on its way here as we speak (at least hopefully...)

18. previlo

previlo Member

Well, let's see, but sorry mate I would assume that the M will be too short for you, in particular the arm length might be a problem.
    The SL Bedale in Large has a bit longer arm length by the way, and I say the Ashby Large is in between the two.
    Anyway, do you want to wear an additional add-on liner/ vest which you can zip into the Bristol?

19. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

Appreciate the advice. I haven't ordered a liner, though I'm not opposed to the idea. I will probably wear a reasonably thick lambswool sweater under it though.

I found that the M Ashby fit me well, including sleeve length, except it was at least 1.5" too short in the body for my liking. If I understand you correctly though, you're saying that if the M ashby fit well, I should have ordered a small bristol? That would have even shorter sleeves though, wouldn't it? At any rate, I'm more concerned with body length, as I have a long torso, than sleeve length, and the bristol ought to work on that front I would think. Ah, how the small details make all the difference...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  20. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member