1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Yeah, I'm 5'9" and 160 lbs.

2. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

Is it just me or does anybody else get drenched after slight exertion while wearing a Barbour? I'm gonna have to sell my Stanley jacket on because the sleeves are full of sweat after a brief walk with that blasted polyester lining. :-(

3. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

Some Barbours (looking at you commander) really hold in the moisture. This counts double if you aren't layering.

Basically if there is any chance of me sweating I don't wear mine. It's exclusively for sub 45 degree weather.

1 person likes this.
  4. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

Thanks, I'm trying to justify buying a Lutz but my experience with the lightweight Stanley is putting me off.
    Might be OK if I size up and layer up then.
    Why polyester sleeve liners tho?!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  5. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

5'9, 160lbs, roughly 38" chest. (Normally wear a very slim 38 short jacket, though some of the looser fitting 36 jackets work on me).

Which model do you think would work best? These all seem sized very large, and both the bedale/beaufort seem like I'd need to definitely size down to a 36, and possibly even a 34!

How much slimmer is that new Ashby model? The guy from above made it sound like a 36 would work, but I'm not sure.

6. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I'm about idential but with a 39" chest. I love the Ashby in a 36/small. Fits great.

7. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

They're legit. Pretty good customer service too.

8. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Yea I went with 36...hopefully not too small. What's the eta on shipping for them?

9. FinnegansWake

FinnegansWake New Member

I'm looking to purchase a Heritage Liddesdale. The sizing charts for this jacket vary from site to site, so I'm not sure what size to get. I'm 5'9" and 120 lbs, with a 32" chest. Any advice would be appreciated.

10. Tamyom

Tamyom Active Member

XS if you want it adjusted to your 32'' chest and slim (only a shirt and thin jumper underneath).

S if you want it roomy for more layers.

11. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

i'm looking at getting an ashby but want a fairly slim fit - would an S be okay or am i crazy? i'm 6'1/165lb and am really OCD with sleeve length in particular, i guess i like them quite a bit shorter than most people.

edit - would also consider a sl bedale; they look almost identical?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  12. Mariokartfever

13. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I think you need a medium, but I guess it mainly depends on your chest size.

I tried the Bedale SL before the Ashby, and the biggest difference was the thickness of the outer shell. The Ashby is the same as the Bedale at 6oz, while the Bedale SL is 4oz. I preferred the thicker/warmer Ashby, but otherwise I really liked the Bedale SL for warmer temperatures. The Bedale SL is also slim, maybe even moreso than the Ashby (only slightly if at all).

And they now no longer ship Barbour to the US. Sucks for us US folks. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  14. Mariokartfever

Dafuq.

Can me get a running list of EU stores that will ship Barbour to the USA?

15. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I know Stuarts still does. Not sure about others off the top of my head. Sucks though. I would really like to snag at a minimum a few Barbour accessories (gloves and hats) at this 20% off sale.

16. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

Just to be clear, not all Bedale SLs are 4oz. Some are the regular 6oz. weight:

http://www.countryattire.com/shop-b...-men-s-sl-bedale-jacket-sage-mwx0734sg91.html

17. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

that's what i thought, but i'm worried the sleeves will be too long (for my tastes). ugh, such a gamble since posting from australia to the UK is insanely expensive if i need to exchange. i'd love a fit/sleeve length like this, but have no idea about the models' measurements.

[​IMG]

18. previlo

previlo Member

Please help! Anyone here owning a Barbour Duke Jacket and by any chance can compare the size to the Barbour Enfield (basically the Duke model without the winter filling)?
    Because I am so unsure about the right size!
    I wear a Enflied in Large, but I somehow remember that the padded/ winter filled jackets tend to be a bit smaller, should I stay with Large or upgrade to XtraLarge for the Duke?
    Anyone?

19. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

Does End ship Barbour to the US? Can't find anything on the site that says they won't.

20. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

When you get to checkout, or just before, it will tell you they don't. IIRC Barbour isn't even on their US site either.