1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

It always rains on Election Day.

2 people like this.
  2. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

I was on the fence until she bought me some white CPs for my bday. Keeper.

3. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Anyone know of a jacket similar to the commander but with a looser fit in the chest/shoulders? I had to size up two to fit into it comfortably and that was way too long.
    I was looking at the Lutz but it just isn't as good, the chest is too plain and I don't like the pockets.

4. rbarthel

rbarthel Senior member

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  5. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

6. adebisi

adebisi Senior member

This thread is mainly about beaufort.....

7. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

I had been looking for some nice warm weather sweaters and finally found a South Shields Beacon Heritage sweater that fit the bill. Anyone else have experience with this line?

8. Grove

Grove Senior member

After a lively evening I got caught up in the moment and ordered a GSGNein. Hasn't arrived yet but I've a feeling it'll look proper 'Special Forces Airsoft Walt' in the flesh. Drink and late night internet shopping is rarely a good mix.
    Columbia's look like Sportsdirect/JJB/Northern Casual's fodder. ZX555 look half decent but I already have enough ZX's sitting in boxes collecting dust. TS are easily pick of the bunch but the Oregon mid sole ruined them for me...Although I suspect I'll regret passing when I see them IRL.
    What did you buy?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  9. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Funnily enough, the boot appealed the least to me and the Columbia most! Midlands casual, more like ;)

Also got the TS which is pretty sturdy and weatherproof. Even has a half-bellows tongue which is a nice touch.

And the red quilted jacket is en route, although a black one came today destined for my mate.

Better pics at the weekend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Grove

Grove Senior member

No the boot looked awful. I meant the black jacket. Mine turned up this afternoon but it's already on it's way back. It seemed really well made but the branding and clear map pocket looked tacky. Fit was nice, I'd say TTS but I looked like Met Armed Response in it. Not a good look. Unless it's seriously limited numbers I reckon there will be loads left come the sales.
    As I said in the earlier post, I think I'll regret passing on the TS but couldn't get over those mid soles. Think you did well snapping those up. The Columbia's look moody-as to me though. Definitely a 'Norvern internet casual' shoe. Thought you Midlands chaps had more style than that.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  11. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Ah, I don't wear black for several reasons and that is one of them.

I noticed on the End website that the chest measurement is the same for the L and XL quilted jacket, although there's a bt more shoulder on the XL. 22" pit to pit for an XL? I tried on my mate's black one and it looks great. As long as I stood still and didn't move my arms, hah. I'm a 45-46" chest though...

Looks like it was the trainers which got proper snapped up and some are already on eBay now. £400 BiN for the TS model, anyone? I'll be keeping my pair and also the Columbia. Bit different to your usual Consortium release, I suppose...

12. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Some good pics of the kit here and here. Very modern British casual aesthetic. Tempted now by the Adiwick jacket...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Grove

Grove Senior member

Adiwick looks much better against that background but I'm not feeling the distressed finish. Mind you, it will most likely hit 40-50% off in the sales and rewaxing isn't difficult...

Also not sure if this is of interest but Nemen have everything at 20% off this week plus free delivery. Tempted to take a punt on a hooded overshirt to layer under Barbour/Fjallraven/Camerman.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  14. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

That crinkled look seems to happen to a lot of the models waxed with beeswax. Dunno if intentional or not, though. Not sure thornproof wax would be a good idea though.

The red quilted trackie top is actually bigger than the same-sized black model, Decision time.

15. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

What does a 36 in bedale translate to in Ashbey? Medium?

I bought a top coat from Jcrew and not feeling it...so might as well return it and put the money towards another barbour jacket....

also is country attire a legit site? Seem to have decent selection and price with end not being an option for us anymore.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  16. Grove

Grove Senior member

The beeswax has been purposely distressed but I think smooth looks much better. With the glut of recent models I presume Barbour now sell beeswax but if not Greenland wax gives a nice finish and is really easy to apply with a hairdryer.

Odd how those tops are different sizes. I didn't measure the Old Bill jacket I sent back but I reckon it was TTS for a medium. Guessing around 22" p2p. Do your tops look like they are made by adidas or Barbour?

17. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

No idea about sizing, CA is legit

18. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Agree that smooth is better - same as with denim, I'd rather any wear to be due to me and not in place before I buy the thing.

I'd say the XL black quilted top was more on the small side of a large, if you follow me, whereas the XL red one is almost TTS but with more room in the body than I'd like but still undecided. I'd say it looks more like a Barbour top from a distance then adidas when up close.

The TS Runners come up slightly large, even with chunky socks. They wear well in the rain and I'm tempted to actually give them a coat of dubbin on top of the already-waxy leather to further weatherproof them...

19. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I would say a 38/medium. I wore a 38/medium in the Bedale for a few years knowing that I had a ton of room in the jacket for layering. I sold my Bedale a few months ago for a trimmer Ashby. I went with the 38/medium in the Ashby, but my wife and I didn't notice much of a difference from the Bedale 38/medium. The 38/medium Ashby was a little trimmer, but in our opinion it wasn't enough to justify swapping the Bedale for it in the first place. So, I ended up sizing down to the 36/small in the Ashby and it's noticeably slimmer throughout. I still have good movement in the jacket with a ls shirt and normal sweater underneath, although it's slightly restrictive if I really loaded up on layers underneath (which I won't). I love the look of the Ashby now - just had to size down (again, keeping in mind that my Bedale size was too big in the first place as I probably should have gone with a 36/small Bedale two years ago). I hope this helps.

And Country Attire is legit.

20. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

It does I'm in pretty much exact same situation. I have a 38 badale now and it's too big I have 36 international and its slightly larger than I want so sounds like small is the best choice.

I'm 5 9 170 and wear a 38 r

Is that close to your measurements ?