1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. mountainjoo

mountainjoo Active Member

Can anyone confirm whether http://www.contentstorelondon.com/ are an authorized Barbour re-seller? They don't come up on Barbour's counterfeit page however they appear to be a legitimate business.

2. Grove

Grove Senior member

Content is legit. Good people and stock some really nice pieces.

3. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

If it is not specifically stated as an authorised retailer, then it is not.

Also a UK company would generally have .co.uk as the address, not .com.

EDIT: The person above can vouch for them, so I guess it is safe.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Might not be a Barbour authorised seller, but they're a legitimate business and they do use the .com extension (as do a lot of UK businesses). I wouldn't worry about buying from them.

Contact details are a good way of spotting the dodgy sites - if they don't provide a legitimate bricks and mortar address, a phone number with the right dialling code and a proper email address, then avoid like the plague!

1 person likes this.
  5. mountainjoo

Thanks for the reassurance. I have something on the way from them and only stopped to think about the legitimacy after I purchased.

1 person likes this.
  6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

1 person likes this.
  7. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Does anyone have an old navy beaufort hood, or an old olive hood that would fit a gamefair? (I think a beaufort one would be fine). Not sure I want to pay $60 for a new one, if I can get a used one. My coats are faded, and I know most people don't use their hoods anyway.

8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I have hoods for my sage beaufort and navy bedale. I hate the snaps and have been considering having a tailor add buttons to the underside of the collar and button holes to the hoods. I think it would work much better.

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I've got two Ashbys I've purchased within the past 6 months.
    One from a retailer in the USA. It has a Made in Tunisia tag fairly prominent on the back of the collar.
    The other was from a UK retailer. There's no country of manufacture tag that I could find.

10. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

I also hate my the snaps on hood. always comes off....

11. mountainjoo

That is brilliant! Can even pick out my jacket.

Just to follow up on my post, Barbour themselves just responded to my inquiry confirming that Content Store is an authorized retailer and their counterfeit page has yet to be updated.

12. ilovek

ilovek Member

Does anyone know where to get a Barbour branded coat hanger?

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Only with a jacket attached... I don't think they're sold separately, but you might have luck on ebay.

14. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Does anyone here have a Barbour commander, in size L, that they would be willing to part with? I am looking for one, and I thought I would check here first. I am hoping to unload my barbour Standen in the same size, and then change to a Commander.

15. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

got a chelsea in navy for sale. Size S. $160+shipping. needed an XS..

16. sivier

sivier Senior member

I own a Barbour Bedale SL Pinstripe size 38. I cannot find any information regarding this so i was wondering if anyone knows if there was a hood released for this particular model anywhere worldwide, as i suppose this will not fit standard hoods being as the jackets are made on different blocks the sizing would be out. Matching is always preferred anyway.

Any info would be appreciated.

17. Frankbrown13

Frankbrown13 Member

I bought a hood (the kind with the tartan lining) for my Ashby jacket, and I am having problems attaching it to my jacket for the first time.

If you are looking at the outside of the hood, the 1st and 3rd snaps/studs attach securely to my jacket without any difficulty. However, I cannot get the 2nd and 4th to securely snap into place. I can get the male end to go in partially, but the ends pop apart if you move the hood at all.

Is my hood defective or is there some trick to attaching the other two snaps which I am missing?

18. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

my storm hood goes on my ashby without a problem. you should probably exchange or get another one to try it out.

19. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Senior member

Hi guys,

does any of you know which jacket fits slimmer?

- Ashby XS size
    - Barbour Bedale SL Small size
    - Barbour Bedale SL XS

Many thanks

20. Usonian

Usonian Senior member

Does anyone own the quilted sander yet? I found it on orvis and am enamored with it. But I also don't own a Barbour jacket yet, although I'm obviously familiar with the reputation and quality of the brand. I really really want a quilted jacket, and I've been casually looking around for one for a while, and I think this one fits the bill almost perfectly.

Also, what exactly is this polyamide material that they're using? Also, if anyone has a good recommendation or a good sale for a similar quilted jacket, it would be much appreciated. I'm looking for a mid/light weight quilted jacket for cool spring nights.