1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Barney's Warehouse still has one of these in tan, XL for $309. I picked one up several weeks ago and have been quite pleased.

2. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

When you say "quite pleased" in American English it's normally a strictly positive comment, right?

Over here "quite" tends to be used to damn something with faint praise... :D

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

That's quite confusing.

4. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

BTW ol friend, they SL 72 you're sporting or similar?

5. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

They're Specials (or Spezials,depending on the issue), mate. I've got SL72s though, and a whole heap more when it comes to trainers...

6. Cleav

I do know that, that is a whole warehouse of an answer!

I have 72's, so much more than Gazelles!

Anyway, back to biz, love that jacket.

Have a good week CTB!

1 person likes this.
  7. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

Hi, so I tried Ashby in Medium, and it suits me better right? Not tight anywhere, just got a tad more space to add a waistcoat or a sweater without any problems. Size Small was a tad tight in the shoulders and too little room in the chest/waist.

Size medium or small? :)
    [​IMG]

8. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

The small looks pretty "slim fit" to me. but given your description that the shoulder is too tight and that you now have more room to layer under the medium. I'd say medium it is! My is a little on the loose side when I only have a shirt under it and I find that comfortable, because I'll only wear a shirt under it when it's getting warm outside and the space in between gives me more room to breath. And when it's getting cold, I'll layer a bit and it'll still fit. That's my take on the barbour, so it can be more of a 2.5 season jacket.

9. ZOG

ZOG Member

1 person likes this.
  10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Haha that's exactly what I thought. "Some" should be swapped out for most.

12. RLX009

RLX009 Member

13. Cleav

Had this on today, ideal in spring and summer over a shirt or layered in colder times

[​IMG]

14. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

Hi, since the Ashby is a updated more slimmer version of the Bedale, which shoulder I get in the liner? I have the Ashby in Medium, which I suppose is size 38.

15. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

Good question, I suppose you could give size 38 a shot.

16. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    We've recieved our first delivery of Barbour. I quickly photographed some of the more interesting pieces; both Commander jackets (in olive & navy) and the Norton & Sons outerwear.

we also have some Norton cotton sweaters, one semi-dress shirt, one rugby shirt.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

second to last coat is our pick of the litter - double breasted with a half hidden placket so it looks more like an asymmetrical mac when it's fully buttoned up

1 person likes this.
  17. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Just stopped by the Barbour outlet in Kittery. They still had a handful of Norton & Sons jackets. Barra in Navy M, L, XL, XXL (one of each). They were priced at $699 - 40%. One XL Barra in tan and I think a full size run of St. Kilda jackets in the green color. I didn't check the price but I think it was $100 more than the Barra. I also noticed the a full size run of the Shordace jacket in Navy and a small selection (4-5 pieces) or Beacon and Dept. B items. A full size run is typically one of each size so not a lot of stock.

If I didn't already own the Barra in tan (and a navy Bedale) I'd have bought the navy Barra. It's gorgeous.

18. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

So you know if they take phone orders and mail out?

19. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Go with your chest size. I have a 36" Beaufort and the 36"/small liners are too tight on me. I am a measured 38" chest.

20. GTI388

GTI388 Well-Known Member

Anyone with a Tokito Skyfall Bond Jacket in size medium find it too tight andlooking to size up to a large? I have a large in excellent condition, only worn a dozen times, is complete with no damage at all. PM me if you are interested in a trade. Condition must be comparable. Thanks!