1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

As long as they are the same colour/texture as the rest of the jacekt, I doubt it would be noticeable. I have a few shirts with triangular armpit inserts, and it isn't noticeable. In addition, it increases mobility by a lot

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Anyone have the McQueen Rexton? Got one in the mail today and it smells. I have at least 15 Barbour coats and this doesn't smell like any of the waxes I've smelled. Quite frankly it smells like stale smoke. Just curious if anyone has one and has noticed any odd smell.

3. huffer4

huffer4 Active Member

I have one. I recall it smelling a little when I got it, but nothing like you described. Just a little waxier smelling than normal Aired it out for a day or two and it is totally fine now.

4. NeedForTweed123

NeedForTweed123 Senior member

Do you or anyone else have any recommendations on how much space to add to the armholes? I'm not really sure how measurements would work for that. I have a medium, and I have a 39.5 - 40 inch broad chest and 18 inch shoulders. The jacket is wearable, but mobility is limited and I would like to be able to layer.

5. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

Unfortunately not. Optimally, I would suggest you size up to a large, but I imagine that's not very feasible.

6. NeedForTweed123

Yeah I would have, but a large would be too much space in the body as I have a very narrow waist and larger upper body. I also bought it from END before the large was in stock, and when these jackets would sell out extremely fast and were being touted as limited edition so I went for it when I could get a medium. Its too difficult and costly to try to resell my current jacket and re-purchase a large from END, because of all the customs fees.

7. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

Understandable. If you have a Barbour store near you, take it in and ask their opinion. Other than that, I would ask them to add however much you think would make you feel comfortable (maybe 1" on each side? I think they can do a maximum of two)

8. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Got soaked in the Barra yesterday and some interesting combs have developed on the arms...

[​IMG]

Sorry for the bollocks mobile pic!

1 person likes this.
  9. NeedForTweed123

Yup, I just emailed them now asking for their recommendation, they have a very helpful customer service team. And thanks for your input as well, it's good to know the jacket won't look awkward if I get armhole expansions.

10. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

As long as they do it properly, it should look fine.

11. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Thats a good looking jacket. Understated but still very cool.

1 person likes this.
  12. Bugsy

Bugsy Well-Known Member

I had this done last year. Not bad quality job. PM for details. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

13. Reshi1

Reshi1 Member

14. Reshi1

Reshi1 Member

Longshot, but is the mountain parka still available?

15. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

A7 International, about 40 years old (denim is 16oz Japan Blue, boots are WW2 Lotus veldtschoen boots)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A180 Beacon jacket, like a lighter-weight International from before Barbour starting kicking the arse outta its motorbike archive (boots are MTO Crockett & Jones 'Snowdon' in rough-out leather)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A1557 Drover jacket, this is the warmest out of all of them and has been battered over the years during really crappy wintry weather (boots are vintage high-leg (nine pairs of eyelets) Tricker's brogue boots)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A551 Cowen Commando, modified by Barbour with knit cuffs replacing the nylon storm cuffs, leather trimming on the cuffs, and an altogether nicer drawstring thingy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some bonus non-Barbour stuff as I had these jackets to hand

The wool Mackintosh, I also have it in grey and light tan (boots are Cheaney 'Mallory' boots)

[​IMG]

And a Private White VC ventile harrington, quality on this is superlative

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    6 people like this.
  16. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

17. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

That's some nice outerwear, especially the Drover and International. The jean cuff on the other hand...

1 person likes this.
  18. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

The jeans were bought yesterday, hah! They'll be going down to the good folks at Ironheart to hem very soon...

19. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Boots in the bonus non-Barbour pics?

20. Carson

Carson Senior member

I had the same issue with my commander that I got last month from END. They were selling fast and I got a small, and it fit great in the shoulders and waist - sharp - but the damned armholes were cutting into my armpits even though the sleeves were plenty long. I didn't know they'd do that alteration, or I would have gone that direction. I ended up just eating the custom fees and re-ordering a medium from END plus shipping the small back ($$$). Medium works ok enough (I am 6 ' 155lbs), but the fit of the small (sans the armholes) was very sharp and fitted, almost perfect.
    Wish I'd known this a few weeks ago...