1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. hooker4186

hooker4186 Distinguished Member

25% off sale at J Press. Seems to work on their limited stock of Barbour. Just grabbed me the wax down gilet for $279. Wish they included free shipping but oh well.

Last edited: May 13, 2013

2. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior Member

Going to re-wax my Beaufort this week with an International and Utility jacket to wax too. Will post pics.

3. MrKaizen

MrKaizen Senior Member

My bedale this week. Waiting for the kit I ordered a few days ago.

4. jamezism

jamezism Active Member

Are the wool tokito jackets warm enough as a primary winter coat? I have a WWII era peacoat that's just not warm enough for me for NYC winter. Looking to change to a parka style jacket. It's really hard finding one that's slim fitting and has enough insulation without being bulky.

5. silvrdag

silvrdag New Member

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Distinguished Member

I didn't bother opening the link. Anything with that sort of website name and 50% off is highly dodgy. I would avoid like the plague.

7. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Distinguished Member

Domain Name.......... barbourjacketeusales.com
    Creation Date........ 2013-05-17 09:56:36
    Registration Date.... 2013-05-17 09:56:36
    Expiry Date.......... 2014-05-17 09:56:36
    Organisation Name.... Cen Qiong
    Organisation Address. Guangxi baise Tian Dongxian flat horse town of petrochemical industrial park
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. baiseshi
    Organisation Address. 531500
    Organisation Address. FJ
    Organisation Address. CN

flat horse town of petrochemical industrial park

lmao

8. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Distinguished Member

Seems 100% legit to me. Just kopped three Barbours for 90% off! Will let everyone know when they arrive! Thanks for the link! :slayer:

Last edited: May 19, 2013

9. Makoreaction

Makoreaction Member

So I finally, after months of sizing speculation and returning sizes that were too large, got my 32 classic bedale. It fits perfectly (though my mind is still boggled by the fact that many people shorter than me (5'11") order 38's and 40's and complain that the sleeves are too short). As I've never owned a wax jacket before, I was wondering if there is any sort of protocol when it comes to storing your jacket during the off-season, as I can't imagine I'll be wearing it until late September or October. Does the wax dry out or evaporate sitting out in open air? I was thinking of keeping it in the plastic bag it came in, but maybe that's not necessary.

Last edited: May 19, 2013

10. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

I store my wax jackets in garment bags in the off season but that's mostly to prevent them from staining anything else in the closet.

11. Winston S.

Winston S. Distinguished Member

I would keep it in a plastic bag just so that the wax does not rub off onto your other clothes.

12. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Just a heads up for y'all; we have a huge selection of barbour available at a 20% discount this weekend for the holiday via Barbour by David Wood - this includes tokito/beacon heritage/what have you (available online), some international & steve mcqueen line, and many other jackets & accessories. the classics will not be on sale.

to enquire about a specific jacket please contact us at [email protected] , or the Barbour phone (207-699-5551). feel free to shoot me a PM here as well

13. BondExperience

BondExperience Member

Does anyone own the Steve McQueen Barbour Salvage denim jacket? If so, can they speak to the quality, fit etc...?

14. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior Member

I saw this today, funnily enough.

Not sure why 'salvage' instead of 'selvage', but there you go (it's made of selvage denim, in case you're wondering). Denim looked to be ok but not amazing (I'm a denim snob though), and the jacket itself looks decent although it's predistressed which is a no-no for me. I didn't try it on.

And I couldn't find a country of origin label on, which makes me think that it was made elsewhere in the EU.

On a different note, just received a letter from Barbour's repairs department quoting for some work they're doing on my Cowan Commando jacket: to replace the nylon storm cuffs with knitted ones, and to replace the drawstring and to bind the cuffs I'm being charged the princely sum of £42 including return postage. Pics to follow in a month or so...

15. acousticfoodie

acousticfoodie Senior Member

I'm new to barbour and was wondering how often they restock items in the non classic line such as some of the heritage stuff. When an item is out does that mean it's discontinued for the season and thus forever? Or do they restock the non classic/heritage lines pretty regularly?