(off)white sportcoat-what do you wear with it?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NukeMeSlowly, Jun 2, 2006.

1. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Senior member

I have a couple of off-white sportcoats that I am trying to integrate into my summer wardrobe. What shirt & pants colors will fly with this color jacket? Also, could you pull off a dress shirt and tie with this?

2. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Off-white sportcoats are the only kind of sportcoat I actually wear with jeans. It's a great summer look with the right pair of jeans.

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Jeans definitely, tie no. If you want to dress it up, I'm thinking nice light colored grey,blue, beige slacks or if you are more adventurous, you can try greens, pinks or other summer colors (Borrelli does great summer colored slacks). Light brown leather soled loafers, a patterned shirt (pink stripes, blue checks etc) and a nice pocket square and you are good to go.

4. mtf

mtf Senior member

I have a great fitting silk linen blend one that I wear with a pair of slimmer fitting black 7s jeans, a plain white fitted tshirt and RLPL brown leather flipflops. It sounds awful but it looks fantastic! There is something about the dressy uber casual that women keep commenting on.