• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Off topic FS: Two cases Chateau d'Yquem, 1990

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two full and complete cases for sale. d'Yquem needs no introduction; it is of course the premiere Sauterne. They have been stored their whole life in a professional-grade, climate controlled cellar.

One case of full bottles (12 bottles)
One case of half bottles (24 bottles)

Price: $4000 for each case. I need to move these, so this is less than the going rate, and remember that at an auction you also have to pay buyer's premium.

To use Sotheby's description: "Deeper colour than '97 and '95. Beautiful lanolin nose. Touch of creme brulee and smoke. Now, the primary flowers have gone and intriguing grapefruity, allspice and orange elements are creeping in. Huge spicy richness on the palate. Seville oranges and a touch of pepper. Buttery honey. So expansive and so beautifully balanced between sugar and acidity. Poised perfection. What the French call an 'incontournable'! In magnum, it is incredibly young -- and so creamy."

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the 90 at a tasting a couple months ago. Still quite young but should be mind-blowing in a decade or two.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.