1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Off to the races (Del Mar), and not sure what to wear.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JTK, Aug 20, 2010.

1. JTK

JTK Senior member

I'm heading to Del Mar next weekend and will be getting the VIP treatment. I know there's a dress code at the turf club (jacket, no jeans), but I'm not sure if I should wear a suit or just a sportcoat and slacks. I've never been to Del Mar, or a track, and I'm not sure what the atmosphere is like. If I wear a navy suit, should I play it safe with a white shirt?

2. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

I went last week and they murdered a horse. This doesn't help you.

3. JTK

JTK Senior member

I went last week and they murdered a horse. This doesn't help you.

I plan on leaving my shells at home!

4. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

A navy suit is too much. Plus, you will probably be extremely hot. Del Mar is not Ascot and the Turf Club is not the Royal Enclosure. Wear a summer sport coat. If you wear a tie with it, you will be one of the five best-dressed people at the meet.

5. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

Like the other poster wrote, this isn't a fancy affair. It's San Diego! A sport jacket with a loose weave and some khakis will take you very far there. If you wear a suit you'll be sweltering and someone will probably ask you for directions. Watch the daily coverage on TVG. You won't see any of the owners wearing suits.