• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Off to London (shopping tips)

ville_e

Reaction score
I'm off to London soon. I'm hoping you guys would be as kind as to recommend some shops. I'm aware of the previous posts but hope to get some more info.

Thanks in advance!

jimmy c

Reaction score
my suggestions have probably already been covered, but:

liberty
john smedley off bond street (think it's brook street, not sure)
jermyn street for harvie and hudson, turnbull & asser, geo trumpers and crocket & jones
Lamb's Conduit Street for Oliver Spencer and Folk
Floral Street for Paul Smith and Nigel Hall
Old Bond Street for lots of nice watch shops

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A private message I received from the guys at the bureau when i asked what was worth visiting in london:

Soho/Covent Garden -
The Hideout
Bape
Albam
Adidas Concept store - 6 Newburgh Street
LVC concept store beside it (I think its still there)
American Classics

Green Park/Marleybone -
Dover Street Market
Monocle

Portobello -
Garbstore

Lambs Conduit Street (great wee area in Bloomsbury)Link -
Oliver Spencer
Folk
Cube
synphonic (vinyl)

Shoreditch/Brick Lane -
GoodHood
Present (just opened this week - new independent venture by the lads originally from Duffer)
Brick Lane Bikes
14 Bike Co
Butchers Of Distinction
Start

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vivienne Westwood ( that'll do pig , that'll do)

sifl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexonfabric
Shoreditch/Brick Lane -
GoodHood
Present (just opened this week - new independent venture by the lads originally from Duffer)
Brick Lane Bikes
14 Bike Co
Butchers Of Distinction
Start

+ Spitalfields market and Columbia Road flower market

Elmo

Reaction score
well, having lived there I think jimmy c has the basics. London is a great walking town so enjoy it. A lot depends on what you are lookinf for. so---- In one neighborhood: • jermyn street(classic mens shirts & ties--turnbull & asser,...) • new & old bond street-high end shops(channel,...) • Saville Row( bespoke tailoring0 • Burlington Arcade (sweaters and a really coolplace0 • Try the Kings Road in Chelsea on a Saturday (cool modern shops and an interesting walk) the Covent Garden Area: • Floral Street for Paul Smith and Nigel Hall • Lamb's Conduit Street for Oliver Spencer and Folk • Southampton st and area for many outdoor/camping shops and in KnightsBridge: •Harrods- plan on several Hours--now open on Sunday Lots more but enough to fill up a few days enjoy!

ville_e

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the suggestions guys! Much appreciated!
smile.gif

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going at the end of the month as well, so this thread is super helpful.

jaac

Reaction score
Yeh, was just about to make this. Cheers.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I wouldn't waste my time going to Harrods. Go to Liberty on Regent Street. Its smaller than the other houses but the menswear department there has more gems per square meter than any other department store I know. Kick ass buyer. Lamb's Conduit street is a must. Portobello Road and surrounds are superb as well.

ALLCAPS

Reaction score
Harrods is worth it if you really want some Dior Homme or RL I guess. Their RL section is pretty big. But yeah, the Liberty buyer is mad good. It's really pleasant in the menswear department too.

If you're a vintage nut, go to Brick Lane. It's a lot of **** but there's a store named the Warehouse or something with a bunch of vintage Burberry and Aquascutum (And some Chanel for the missus.)

chroMe

Reaction score
hurwundeki on commercial, oscar milo (selection of holland esquire) & albam in spitalfields market, random stuff at upmarket nearby on a sunday.

West end: paul smith outlet on avery row & oscar milo (again). trevor bolongaro, b-store a few doors down from vivienne westwood on conduit, COS on regents, john rushton on wimpole for traditional english shoes, paul & joe and agnes b, paul smith on floral st, dover street market on dover. Def as recommended, lamb's conduit street for folk & oliver spencer.

SW London: TIM shoes on kings road towards parsons green then keep going to marc wallace further up, v westwood at worlds end, harvey nicks at knightsbridge (a no. 22 bus can bring you from harvey nicks down kings road all the way to parsons green).

outside of m25: bicester village which you can get to via train from marylebone station.

and if the mens designer warehouse sale is on there's some good hunting.

if you run out of luggage space, pick up a vintage piece here. in Camden Am wanting one for my car.

dune

Reaction score
Had to choose between making a new topic and a horrible necro - so horrible necro it is.

Off to London tomorrow. Looking to pick up some nice shirts, maybe some shoes/pants too. On a bit of a budget, though I'll have my mother's visa card with me :p Tips?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads