• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Off the radar brands you love - please post!

FPB

Reaction score
Hey gentlemen,

As the title suggests, please post your favorite off-the-radar brand that you love and why. I think I've seen enough threads on the "household" names that everyone already knows. Frankly I would really like to support a small company who makes great stuff but who has little or no advertising budget. It's such a shame that so many small brands disappeared (particularly in Italy) over the years.

FPB

Reaction score
This is disappointing. Nothing? Does everyone here only wear Allen Edmonds, Filson, and Eidos?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
JKeydge, a french brand that did sack jackets, à la Ivy but with a twist. Sadly disappeared a few months ago.

LLG

Reaction score
IMG_0732.JPG
Cool! Sorry I missed that in my search.

Grant Stone isn't unknown, but may fly under the radar of many.
The footwear they are making gets very high marks for the quality of build.
I own 2 pair and am very satisfied with my purchases. I expect to own more in the future.

Thomson

Reaction score
Ascot knit ties. In my completely unscientific view best knit ties in the market, by a family owned company. The normal ties are a bit too middle of the road though.

FPB

Reaction score
For any watch guys out there I highly recommend Vulcain.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll share 2:

Aklasu: Canadian company making awesome grenadine ties (among other styles) at a reasonable price. The owners are superstars.

https://aklasu.co

Billy Kirk: probably better known but I don't see alot of their stuff shared here on SF. I have their School Boy satchel and it's easily one of my favorites.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Connolly England
Manrico Cashmere (Upper East Side NYC)
Franck Namani
JM Weston
Anthony Cleverley
Salvatore Piccolo

want me to continue?

Backhand

Reaction score
For mens boots: Thorogood extremely comfortable, redwing killers

I got an unstructured jacket off of Yoox that I love by Paul Miranda

As for vintage stuff, my green herringbone tweed wool/mohair blend Mavest sportcoat is full canvassed and i constantly collect compliments when I wear it.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peter Christian for me.

Modern, tapered cut, high-rise pants.

A lot of what SF generally likes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads