• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Off 5th - Saks outlet store

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone rate the selection of men's wear of the Off 5th outlet, say, compared to Nordstrom Rack? What are the prices like? What suit brands do they generally carry? not that i'm expecting to find a pair of John Lobbs at a steep discount but it would be nice. is their shoe selection decent?

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gaseousclay
can anyone rate the selection of men's wear of the Off 5th outlet, say, compared to Nordstrom Rack? What are the prices like? What suit brands do they generally carry? not that i'm expecting to find a pair of John Lobbs at a steep discount but it would be nice. is their shoe selection decent?

At the ones I go to - Saks is definitely better for suiting. Much, much larger selections of suits I've seen Armani, Zegna, Burburry, Prada, Boss, and a 3-4 other good Italian brands more SF approved vs Last Calls Hickey and Boss and almost nothing else. Last Call does have a good pant & shirt selection though, probably a better shirt selection as they have packaged and loose shirts - I've seen Kiton once in my browsing so far.

Shoes? Saks again in general but neither have more than 2-3 really good shoes in the rack. In the display area Saks almost always has Gucci and Boss and then some low end stuff, Nordstroms is more random but lower end typically. The best I've seen at either store are one pair of Tom Fords, one pair Zegna XX (both at LC actually), and a scattering of mid-priced designer (Bally, Prada) - most of it is Cole Haan, Penguin, Diesel, etc.

General clothes is a mixed bag, Saks seems to have more "normal" clothes to choose from but LCall has more random designer brands/stuff thrown in I haven't see at Saks. Also haven't seen any blazers/SC at Saks but LCall always has some - they are just ugly or XXL most of the time!

So in short, I always check both but I buy from Saks 80%. My wife prefers LCall FYI, it seems like their clothing situation may be reversed but I don't honestly know. Also a new Nordstroms Rack opened recently in a different location and it flat out sucks - I didn't see much of anything decent at all, suits were JosA and Boss exclusively, shoes were all cheap, and tiny selection of their lowest end brands clothing - so each location definitely varies.

IMO with prices being 50% retail or better they are worth checking out if you don't have to drive too far - I pretty much don't shop anywhere else (in person) anymore for clothes. Just requires patience!

nbmplano

Reaction score
Off 5th, like Icehawk said, has a good selection of suits, but they seem to be priced a little higher than the Rack or Last Call (out of the ones I have looked at.) That said, they do seem to have a better selection than the other two. Here in DFW, I would say that Last Call has the best selection out of the three overall in menswear thouigh (shoes, suiting, casual, everything combined.) Last Call also has the better selection of shoes (at least at the Grapevine location vs every other Rack and Off 5th location in DFW.) The Rack has the worst selection of shoes I have seen out of the discounters (lower end lines, not a grea selection), with Off 5th right in the middle (higher end lines, but not a varried selection.)

Out of the three (Last Call, Rack, and Off 5th) Last Call is definately my favorite.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tips. I wish MN had a Last Call store here, but it's not meant to be. i'll have to check out Offt 5th though for sure

jacnyr

Reaction score
I purchased a nice Saks labeled navy suit there and it really fits me great. I have been told that it is my best looking suit. I actually bought another of their labeled suits but; I took it back. The suits really look great and fit me the same way. I just wanted a better suit for the same price, which was $425, for which I got a HF suit for the same price. A better suit IMO. Yes, Last Call is great for suits but; one must go every other week just see when something for you comes in. I have had better luck a Nordstrom Rack.

Guero

Reaction score
Always worth a look. I picked up two first quality $3500 Isaia suits for $700 each with a coupon. Nothing funky either, conservative enough for court in my case.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Do we know who makes the Saks house-brand suits? Are they generally good quality?

Thanks!

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guero
Always worth a look. I picked up two first quality $3500 Isaia suits for $700 each with a coupon. Nothing funky either, conservative enough for court in my case.

Nice.

chet31

Reaction score
I speak only of Chicago area stores. Saks Off-5th neater, more organized, better overall selection than Nordstram Rack.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the Saks Off Fifth stores Ive been to in California have been dissapointing. Best one was in San Diego, but dont go there looking for a nice shirt or trousers.

Suits - here in CA (the ones I visited) they have the usual Versace, Burberry, Saks Brand, Canali (occasionally), Hugo Boss of course, and every now and then I see a Dolce + Gabbana suit. Hickey Freeman also has a light presence, as does Joseph Abboud and Theory. I have only been to 3 Saks Off Fifth in CA though, so perhaps it is too much generalization to say they all stink down here. All of these suits are considerably cheaper online at other retailers - even on discount, Off Fifth want $500 plus for a Boss or Versace suit, which IMO is waaay tooo much money for them given the sub standard construction.

But the Off Fifth do not seem to carry the fully canvassed Canali or Hickey Freeman suits which are pretty decent, the ones I have seen are their "cheap and cheerful" lines.

That some of you picked up Isaia suits for $700 - great find. Pity I have not seen anything like that here.

randomnoob

Reaction score
i was curious what these "$395 retail" Calvin Klein shirts were like so i ordered some and here's the tag on one of them

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$395 without exact sizes?
Give me a break. Typical
of the Saks outlet. They prey
on the sartorially vulnerable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics