Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OE's Current Post-SF Shoe Collection (don't get too excited)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by odoreater, May 16, 2006.

1. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

So, I figured since everyone's been posting their shoe collections, I might as well post mine too. Included are AE Concords in Black and Chestnut, AE MacNeils in Black shell cordovan, AE Sanfords in black, and J&M split toes.

[​IMG]

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Nice work with the rug. [​IMG]

You should save this photo and compare it with what you have a year from now... Shoe addiction is a dangerous thing.

3. odoreater

Nice work with the rug. [​IMG]

You should save this photo and compare it with what you have a year from now... Shoe addiction is a dangerous thing.

Haha, yeah, I can imagine. All of those shoes were purchased within the past year. I have a pair of the Loake Chelsea boots that are on their way and as soon as I try those on (experimenting with English sizing) I am going to order a pair of the Loake Twynings. I've also sent a deposit to Schubert and will probably be measuring myself tonight and putting my order in tomorrow. So, there's an additional 3 pairs of shoes in the coming weeks. Also, in September I will be starting work at a law firm as an associate (just graduated law school) so I will probably treat myself to a new pair of shoes then - I'm thinking some C&Js from plal as a treat or a pair of Tramezzas I've had my eye on on ebay.

4. designprofessor

designprofessor Distinguished Member

As a fellow SF member with a majority of AE's
    you get my endorsement. True, we can't claim the prestige or the extra digit on the price tag, but we're probably more likely to track across a muddy lawn, that's the trade off.[​IMG]

5. odoreater

As a fellow SF member with a majority of AE's
    you get my endorsement. True, we can't claim the prestige or the extra digit on the price tag, but we're probably more likely to track across a muddy lawn, that's the trade off.[​IMG]

When I find something I like, I stick with it. [​IMG] I find AEs to be comfortable, well made, and nice looking (though, I think I need a couple of pairs of more modern-ish shoes). I also appreciate the fact that they are made right here in the United States, though this is not necessarily a deal maker or breaker to me - just a nice little bonus.