1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Odiferous Drycleaning

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by whorishconsumer, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Senior member

This truly constitutes a "small question", but I'm curious to know if it is a general phenomenon that dry-cleaners return garments to their owners carrying a distinct scent of stale sweat, or whether this is just my poor luck / the poor-quality selection I have living in Austin, TX. It has certainly been my personal experience over years of having dry-cleaning handled locally. I'll acknowledge that in some cases this scent-of-one-thousand-men has been (less than adequately) masked by a thin veil of potpourri, but i have yet to encounter an instance where the garment I receive back seems to have been actually cleaned, at least going by nose.

Perhaps someone can shine some light through this haze of a Greek bath, which has me perplexed as to the purpose of this service.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have no advice here other than to go to another drycleaner! And no, I haven't had this experience.

3. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

You are smelling the cleaning fluid. Perk is the most offensive smelling. Find a green cleaner who uses another type of cleaning fluid

4. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Senior member

Appreciate the input. The cleaners I've used, and used most recently, is a stated "green cleaner", although this claim alone carries little weight. A search revealed this, which attributes the sour notes I've identified to dirty solvent, and this would seem a likely explanation unless PERC's chemical constitution is that of a high school football team.

I realize the answer is therefore to find another cleaner, as suggested above. But I've come upon this issue with enough cleaners that I fear it is epidemic in this town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.