• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ode to the Falafel

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
Like I said, I only got falafel once. So. . . I don't get falafel anymore.

'nuff said.....

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Amsterdam Falafel in DC. Went for the first time a few weeks back, and now I can't get it out of my head.
If Adams Morgan was burning, and I could save only one restaurant, this would be the one.
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Word up. I used to live down the street...copped at least a couple times a week.
I live about 30 seconds away. I've been trying to cut back.
Originally Posted by constantine.
Amersterdam Falafel is in Adams Morgan on 18th street. Their topings are NEXT LEVEL.
Absolutely, that's why it beats Old City Cafe of Jerusalem on Columbia hands down. The garlic eggplant is out of this world.
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Bob,
Whereabouts in DC? I'll be back there in a couple of weeks, might need a good lunch. Thanks

That's my neck of the woods. Let me know if you make it, and we can grab a drink.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
I like Alfanoose downtown, and the Azzuri (mean ol' Ezra's place) on West 50th(?)....

I am very surprise that you, don't go for, Taim .

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Amsterdam Falafel in DC. Went for the first time a few weeks back, and now I can't get it out of my head. b
+1, with the fixings bar overflowing with options. Love that place. I think the best I've had was in Israel, echoing another poster's sentiment, but Amsterdam Falafel is really good.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I love eating falafel in Paris on Sundays.

+1

Best I have ever had is L' As Du Falafel in le marais in Paris. The falafel, house made harissa, and house made lemonade are all the best I have ever had. I live in the US and actually took a trip to Paris last year just to eat at this place again. I ate there three or four times in a day and a half. Berthillon ice cream- some of the best ice cream in the world- is right around the corner as an added bonus.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
I am very surprise that you, don't go for, Taim .

vaclav - thank you. today i will, perhaps, become, a believer....

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let me know what you think. I will be trying this out when I am back in nyc in a few weeks. I am craving some falafals now...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There's an outstanding Doner Kebab place in Roppongi.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roma, did you try the, Tiam ?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best Falafel and Hummus I've ever had is from Hummus Bar & Grill in Encino. It's seriously out of this world. I could eat there every day.

ReJoyce

Reaction score
L'As du Falafel--by far the best falafel I've ever had.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ReJoyce
L'As du Falafel--by far the best falafel I've ever had.
Thread deserves a revive. And this post deserves a +1. L'As du Falafel is incredible.
dsc0081n.jpg
^ Yum

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
+1

Best I have ever had is L' As Du Falafel in le marais in Paris. The falafel, house made harissa, and house made lemonade are all the best I have ever had. I live in the US and actually took a trip to Paris last year just to eat at this place again. I ate there three or four times in a day and a half. Berthillon ice cream- some of the best ice cream in the world- is right around the corner as an added bonus.

Here you go . . . I've eaten here twice this week.

MarieBartParisJuly2008178.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just Falafel in Camden Market. Not the world's best, but was satisfying at the time. Same with the falafels in the Queen Street Mall, Brisbane. That was years ago, they were up on their falafel game by the mid 80's.

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ottawa, Canada (my town) had a huge influx of Lebanese immigrants due to that country's civil war(s). As a result, we're blessed with a falafel/shwarma stand on almost every corner. Some good, some not so...

My favourite accoutrement is the pink pickled turnip sticks they put in here...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads