• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Odd news of the day

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Hadwin told the Sunderland Echo she used her Russian spirit guide and some angels to help rid the property of evil"

I support international cooperation in exorcisms.

They didn't mention whether it worked or not.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now thats some crazy stuff.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
"The driver was cited for carrying an unsecured load."

http://www.post-trib.com/news/902053,cpdump.article

And only 45 miles from my house. Awesome
plain.gif

Also, an earthquake woke me up this morning. A 5.4 earthquake from the New Madrid Fault... not somethin that happens much here in down-home Indiana.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
plain.gif

Also, an earthquake woke me up this morning. A 5.4 earthquake from the New Madrid Fault... not somethin that happens much here in down-home Indiana.

Sounds like the sh!t hit the fan!!!!!!

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
plain.gif

The End Times are near.

Kwilk, did you see or hear any that funky **** that went down the other night in the Indiana skies?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
The End Times are near.

Kwilk, did you see or hear any that funky **** that went down the other night in the Indiana skies?

? I can't think of anything. Maybe you mentioning it will jog my memory. What happened?

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently folks in both Logansport and Kokomo reported seeing very odd lights and hearing extremely loud booms in Tuesday night's sky. The official story is that they were just F-16s flying overhead in formation, but those are a dime a dozen in this part of the world. I'm not a conspiracy-theorist, but I don't think I buy it. Speaking from personal experience, about a year ago today, I know there's weird **** overhead that cannot be explained as F-16s.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
Apparently folks in both Logansport and Kokomo reported seeing very odd lights and hearing extremely loud booms in Tuesday night's sky. The official story is that they were just F-16s flying overhead in formation, but those are a dime a dozen in this part of the world. I'm not a conspiracy-theorist, but I don't think I buy it. Speaking from personal experience, about a year ago today, I know there's weird **** overhead that cannot be explained as F-16s.

Crazy man. I guess F-16s is a convenient explanation with Grissom being right there.

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/u...okomo-indiana/

Then this one says it's meteorites!
http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../NEWS/80417010

I hope you don't live near Kokomo... you're about to become Area 51-B.
devil.gif

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, nowhere near Kokomo for me.

See, that's my point. Grissom is a very easy explanation, right? But these people have lived near Grissom for who knows how long. Don't you think they'd be used to F-16s flying in formation at night? Who knows, just thought it was interesting how quickly the official line was handed down.

Off topic, but I was visiting my mom last Spring here in Indiana and I was driving her home after dinner when I see this extremely bright light about two miles away. I didn't think much of it at first. Then I get closer to her house and the light is still in the same spot. As I'm about 1/4 mile from her house I see this thing and it's right behind her house moving very, very slowly. The thing went right above me as about to pull into her driveway. It must have been about the length of a football field and was maybe 500 feet off the ground. It was black and diamond shaped. It made no noise at all, and it made a ninety-degree turn on a dime. After it made the turn I followed it for a while as it traveled slowly and then it picked up its pace a bit. After following it for maybe 2 miles, it made another ninety-degree turn and split really, really fast. It was totally f$*%ing surreal. I'm pretty sure it wasn't an F-16.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
That's insane. No offense to you at all, but I find it hard to believe. I mean, I believe your story and that you actually saw what you say you saw, but it seems like the kind of thing that I'll be skeptical about until it happens to me.

I always try to think that there's got to be some kind of explanation for it that nobody can think of. Sometimes though, like it seems with yours, there is no explanation other than the obvious one.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that in the millions upon millions of galaxies in the universe, there has got to be some kind of intelligence life other than our own somewhere out there. I just don't think it's close enough to make contact with us. Then again, who knows really.

Did you believe in that kind of thing before you saw it? I mean, do you believe that it was an alien UFO? Or just don't really know what the F was going on lol.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offense taken. I'd think I was full of **** if I didn't see it myself. I have no idea what is was.

What blew my mind was its: 1) size; 2) shape; 3) ability to move in absolute silence; and 4) ability to make extremely fast ninety-degree turns on a dime while staying on the same horizontal plane. I like to think I'm a pretty credible witness and I've never heard my ma tell a lie in her life. But, I guess I'll never be certain what it was.

Back to the regularly scheduled "Odd news of the day."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads