• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

odd jeans question

diggory

Reaction score
hi im rob, live in the UK, i wear mostly jeans and love mens fasion.

i have seen alot of guys wearing jeans where you can see the belt, and it really makes the outfit complete, but for some reason i cant get that look!

is there special types of jeans that are sold for this purpose? i.e so the belt can be seen/shown off?

or are these guys merley wearing their jeans really low down?
see, if they are wearing them low down then surley the crotch would look baggy and lame? or is there jeans you can get that dont have a long crotch so you can see the belt wearing them low?

ideal would be a nice top, then you can see a nice belt, then on to the jeans, but for me i just have the top then straight onto the jeans, no T or shirts are short enough to show of a belt, nor are any jeans i have bought low enough to show a belt.
ive not bought many jeans in the past, so maybe some have a short crotch/fly area that allows a belt to be seen, if this is true then i would very much appreicate to know!

probably a odd question but ive been wondering about it, and dont have the guts to ask the guys themselvs lol!

thanks
rob

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tuck your shirt.

diggory

Reaction score
uh, no i dont mean with your shirt tucked in, these guys have their T's and shirts out but the belt is visble.

tucking your shirt in is obvious but not what im on about

rob

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think you answered your own question...? you either wear a short shirt or wear your jeans low or tuck, the way peoples eyes work doesnt allow for many other possibilities to show off your belt. either your upper torso is too short or you dont know about "low-rise jeans"?

diggory

Reaction score
low rise jeans? i dont know of them, they might be what im on about!

im a tall guy with a long torso so my tops aren't short, but my jeans are usualy to 'tall' to show of a belt if you get what im saying

as mentioned if i wore my own pairs lower to show of a belt the crotch area would be to baggy to walk properly and would look a bit lame

but these low rise jeans may be the answer if i can learn more about them, generlay i dont know much about jeans so thus the questions, as i asked in the original question if there is such a type of special jean where the whole area between the legs and the belt area is smaller than other jeans (to show a belt easily) so maybe thats what these low rise jeans are

thanks for being patient with me, sorry its a bit confusing! if anyway can tell me more about them?
rob

p.s i just did a google search and a pic of zac efron wearing what im on about came up, thats the look im after, so you can see the belt, when i next go shopping will the jeans be labbled 'low rise'?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
worth.gif

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
worth.gif

Also worthless with pics. Search for low-rise jeans, or browse any of the affiliates above, and go to a tailor and ask him to shorten and square off your shirt hems.

diggory

Reaction score
thanks, yeah i had a good read of that, thanks very much

im geussing it will actualy say on the label wether its low rise?
only one way to find out!
before i would but alot of stuff without trying it on, be unhappy with it and not bother to return it, now i try everything on before i buy, so make sure it fits right so i will be doing this with jeans to get that low down look im after to show a belt of nicley

rob

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads