• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

O'connell's Clothing - Poor Service

GucciKid

Reaction score
Just want to relate a poor experience I had dealing with O'connell's Clothing of Buffalo recently.

I won't go into too much detail but I've been waiting for a package from them for a month and a half. And that is to get it from Buffalo to Toronto.

Experience also included a $12 shipping upcharge that hasn't been explained - and that is laughable given the amount of time it has taken - as well as being lied to about when my package actually shipped ( I was told it shipped a week before it apparently actually did).

I've still yet to receive my item and the email I sent a week ago complaining about the situation has yet to be returned. Seems they would rather ignore it than apologize or attempt to make any amends.

Anyways no idea if others have had similar experiences but want to warn those considering ordering from them.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with O'Connell's, but I do have experience shipping to Canada from the U.S. It's a pain, as it is to ship anywhere internationally. The cost is greater, even with a relatively short distance. You have to fill out additional forms. There are unexplained and unexpected delays, usually related to customs.

I'm not making any judgment about O'Connell's here, but I've had people complain about both the cost and the length of times to receive items I've shipped internationally. I know that I've charged the correct amount, and I know I've sent everything properly and promptly. Sometimes international shipments are just more expensive and get delayed through no fault of the shipper.

Renton

Reaction score
The one time I ordered from O'Connell's, I received the package in less than a week. My only complaint is their website doesn't seem to reflect what they have in stock.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The one time I ordered from O'Connell's, I received the package in less than a week. My only complaint is their website doesn't seem to reflect what they have in stock.

That's why one should take advantage of their 800 telephone #

lexybeast

Reaction score
I've only had good experiences with O'Connell's. But I've heard tons of nightmarish experiences regarding USA-Canada shipping and customs.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have nothing bad to say about O'Connells. Everything I have ordered has come with a hand written note from Ethan (the owner's son, I believe), and I have spoken to him and his father on the phone when I've had questions about fit, etc. They are very nice and very helpful. If you have a problem, I'd call them and I bet they will resolve it to your satisfaction.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Limited experience with O'Connell's but the couple pairs of pants I ordered showed up very quickly. Also with a hand-written thank you. I think the OP might be a victim of customs.

Ricini

Reaction score
Full. They are made by Hertling. Very similar to Andover Shop's cut, though AS's taper a bit more. They'll peg them for you for a small fee. Also, the link is not working for me, but unless they specify woolen flannel, assume their flannels are worsted. I'd call and ask to be sure.

R

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics