Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

O'connell's Clothing - Poor Service

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GucciKid, Mar 29, 2012.

1. GucciKid

GucciKid Senior member

Just want to relate a poor experience I had dealing with O'connell's Clothing of Buffalo recently.

I won't go into too much detail but I've been waiting for a package from them for a month and a half. And that is to get it from Buffalo to Toronto.

Experience also included a $12 shipping upcharge that hasn't been explained - and that is laughable given the amount of time it has taken - as well as being lied to about when my package actually shipped ( I was told it shipped a week before it apparently actually did).

I've still yet to receive my item and the email I sent a week ago complaining about the situation has yet to be returned. Seems they would rather ignore it than apologize or attempt to make any amends.

Anyways no idea if others have had similar experiences but want to warn those considering ordering from them.

2. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

I have no experience with O'Connell's, but I do have experience shipping to Canada from the U.S. It's a pain, as it is to ship anywhere internationally. The cost is greater, even with a relatively short distance. You have to fill out additional forms. There are unexplained and unexpected delays, usually related to customs.

I'm not making any judgment about O'Connell's here, but I've had people complain about both the cost and the length of times to receive items I've shipped internationally. I know that I've charged the correct amount, and I know I've sent everything properly and promptly. Sometimes international shipments are just more expensive and get delayed through no fault of the shipper.

3. Renton

Renton Senior member

The one time I ordered from O'Connell's, I received the package in less than a week. My only complaint is their website doesn't seem to reflect what they have in stock.

4. comrade

comrade Senior member

That's why one should take advantage of their 800 telephone #

5. lexybeast

lexybeast Well-Known Member

I've only had good experiences with O'Connell's. But I've heard tons of nightmarish experiences regarding USA-Canada shipping and customs.

6. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

I have nothing bad to say about O'Connells. Everything I have ordered has come with a hand written note from Ethan (the owner's son, I believe), and I have spoken to him and his father on the phone when I've had questions about fit, etc. They are very nice and very helpful. If you have a problem, I'd call them and I bet they will resolve it to your satisfaction.

7. Renton

Renton Senior member

As it just so happens, that's exactly what I did and I couldn't be happier with my socks.

8. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Limited experience with O'Connell's but the couple pairs of pants I ordered showed up very quickly. Also with a hand-written thank you. I think the OP might be a victim of customs.

9. emc894

emc894 Senior member

10. Ricini

Ricini Active Member

Full. They are made by Hertling. Very similar to Andover Shop's cut, though AS's taper a bit more. They'll peg them for you for a small fee. Also, the link is not working for me, but unless they specify woolen flannel, assume their flannels are worsted. I'd call and ask to be sure.

R

11. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

+1