1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OCBD roundup (with pictures)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wmmk, Mar 5, 2009.

1. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

What about Uniqlo? I think its probably the OCBD that fits me the best.

2. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

unbuttoned unless you're a cholo

I mean the collar points, not like an air tie type thing. Or is the answer still the same?

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Depends on if you're going for that certain retarded "sprezzatura."

(I always button collar points)

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Collar points look fine, bona. Don't worry. I've done it plenty of times with some of mine and it looks good and better than if i had unbuttoned them.

Air tie can look good in the right circumstances too. If you can pull it off with the right look it can work nice

5. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I was gonna say...you need to have the other details right, but it def can work.

6. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Because the fit is just different. I cant take a BoO shirt to a tailor and get the same exact fit. If I could I would and save the $$

7. dnvl

dnvl Well-Known Member

Brian- You're 6ft?

But yea, i'm 6ft and BoO small length is alright on me. The rugby looks fine to me. Roll up the sleeves, quit bitching about err'thang and just enjoy the clothes. It'll instantly look better.

Just to add another data point, I'm 5'9" 130 lb. and I wear BoO XS ... fits fine.

8. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

try the lands' end 14.5 x 32 tailored fit .. i like the hyde park supima BD for the money (about $30).

if you don't like it, they take it back and give you refund.

9. chrispy179

chrispy179 Senior member

I have a similar problem as wmmk although i have a bit more a build than he. That is why i dont wear many button downs and get them at h&m because they have a pretty decent fit. I wish the mjk's fit a bit slimmer because i have a feeling they would be large on me.

10. Souper

Souper Senior member

Because the fit is just different. I cant take a BoO shirt to a tailor and get the same exact fit. If I could I would and save the $$

ya you can. generally this means raising the armhole a lot and aggressively darting the back. I know wwmk thinks the boo looks best on him through the body, but I actually prefer the rugby fit from those pictures.

11. Dashaansafin

ya you can. generally this means raising the armhole a lot and aggressively darting the back. I know wwmk thinks the boo looks best on him through the body, but I actually prefer the rugby fit from those pictures.

O RLY? Then why dont we all buy one BoO, take it to the tailor and get exact replicas made for 100$ less?

12. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

^^Not this again

13. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

how is the quality of the material? Good prices: http://www.landsend.com/pp/LongSleev...6&origin=index
    try the lands' end 14.5 x 32 tailored fit .. i like the hyde park supima BD for the money (about $30). if you don't like it, they take it back and give you refund.

14. Souper

Souper Senior member

Lol. Sigh.

Anyway, uniqlo oxfords are washed to hell and boxy. That said, that can be somewhat nice. Slim boxy.

15. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

try the lands' end 14.5 x 32 tailored fit .. i like the hyde park supima BD for the money (about $30). if you don't like it, they take it back and give you refund.
    Agreed. The shirt is terrific in fit and above average in fabric, and if they had more colors, it would be my go-to shirt.

16. Dashaansafin

^^Not this again

Did you actually read the conversation? Or did you quote me out of context. Its the latter.

17. Souper

Souper Senior member

+1 , not this again! sorry dash, I apologize.

Anyway, its really hard to find good royal oxford. And red gingham. Noone has any [​IMG]

18. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Did you actually read the conversation? Or did you quote me out of context. Its the latter.

I'm referring to the "argument" again. Not you in particular.

19. Dashaansafin

Oh its cool then, I'm not saying you can just tailor a jcrew into a BoO...Im saying...

Nevermind I dont want to get into this again.

WWMK, take the Ruby to the tailor and show us what its like, maybe you found your magic fit.

20. Listi

Listi Senior member

Just to add another data point, I'm 5'9" 130 lb. and I wear BoO XS ... fits fine.

Hey that sounds similar to me. ~34" chest?