• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obnoxious Christmas Sweater Help!

huskyzealot

Reaction score
So for the last few holiday seasons, the younger folk at our holiday parties finds it fun to have somewhat obnoxious holiday attire. Last year I busted out the red tartan pants and matching red vest.

This year I am looking to find a chirstmas sweater to go with the outfit. Something with a nordic pattern, maybe some large snow flakes, probably red in color...also probably some sort of thick wool weave. Not looking for some cheap sweatshirt with a picture of a reindeer glued on, but since this is somewhat of a joke purchase I would like to keep it < $200.

Any ideas where to look?

I have tried Brooks Brothers, Nordstrom, Jo Bank, Gap, Banana Republic and Eddie Bauer but haven't found anything worthwhile.

thanks in advance

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keep an eye on ebay or sierra trading post. The later has several nordic/snowflake patterned sweaters right now.

canvas01

Reaction score
I have no suggestions, but I am envious of your ability to spend up to $200 on an ironic sweater that you will wear 1x.

huskyzealot

Reaction score
while I wont wear it often, it will hopefully make appearances for a number of holiday seasons going forwards.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a deep discounter here that sells obnoxious &quot;christmas sweaters&quot; for less than $10.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would also then like to know what member that is. If anybody knows, please PM me.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think a thrift store would be both quick and easy. oh, and really cheap too.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the RLpurple label reindeerskin blazer. It is an essential tool in making little children cry when you tell them what happened to Rudolph.

AgentQ

Reaction score
Dale of Norway has some nice snowflake/reindeer patterns.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Filene's Basement here had some RL Polo snowflake sweaters. Not red, though.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump.. Looking for a WASP(Y) Christmas sweater. What are the choices this year?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
There is a deep discounter here that sells obnoxious "christmas sweaters" for less than $10.

They can't afford to be that obnoxious for less than 10 bucks..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads