• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obedient Sons Folds

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Racked

http://racked.com/archives/2009/01/0..._designers.php

Today Christina and Swaim Hutson regretfully announce the closing of Obedient Sons, LLC due to complications with the brand's primary investor and their current minority ownership interest. In the past year, the brand has had tremendous growth and success; however, during this time there has not been sufficient capital to support the growth. The company's current ownership structure has presented the challenge of bringing on additional outside investors. "For the last year, we have continuously fought to maintain daily operations and have exhausted all alternatives and at this point we need to move on," said Swaim Hutson.

On a positive note, Christina and Swaim plan to exit the brand and launch a new label with sole ownership set to premier at their February 14, 2009 runway show in New York. An exclusive guest list will receive an invitation and gold key revealing the brand's name.

"This is a huge risk for us, but we feel that it takes us in the right direction. We are extremely passionate about what we do and truly look forward to our new focus," said Christina Hutson.
Sad to see the brand go....

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Wasn't it one of the Greenday guys that was their backer?

Swaim is an ass so who cares.

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Wasn't it one of the Greenday guys that was their backer?

Not true, Both of them were very nice. I do not even know where this is coming from....

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dang, sad to see them close up. S/S08 and F/W08 were great (S/S09 not so much).

I wonder what direction they'll go in for their new line.

naaaaate

Reaction score
If their primary investor was this guy:
Mike_Dirnt_and_Tr%C3%A9_Cool_performing_at_Cardiff.png

Then it's pretty safe to say that starting a new line with sole ownership was a pretty good choice.

cjbreed

Reaction score
yeah its kinda sad but i'm looking forward to the new line.
with sole ownership comes freedom

Al-Wahid

Reaction score

Even if that were the case, I don't think it's asking to much to show a little bit more empathy than that. That WOULD be the classy thing to do. Besides generally their garments were far better made than many of the "high fashion" brands that numerous other members like to wax poetic about.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Maybe he is a nice person; but, the people I've talked to felt otherwise on the business side of things.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ What, did they not want to sell on Gilt?
laugh.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he is a nice person; but, the people I've talked to felt otherwise on the business side of things.

I know that he always shipped notoriously late, but that he was okay in other respects.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I don't get why they would relaunch a new brand instead of figuring out how to make their existing brand work.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get why they would relaunch a new brand instead of figuring out how to make their existing brand work.

That's a whole basic business lesson for ya.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads