• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread

bmashh

Reaction score
Thats probably my favourite look too, nothing else is catching my eye, looks very basic and cheap compared to what OAMC has been in the past, almost London Graduate collection looking which is a shame.

Have to say I have not been too delighted with OAMCs last 2-3 collections, thats not just OAMC though but fashion as a whole, its all melting into a bit of a boring beige.

Perfect reflection. SS 17 will forever be my favourite, also loved Fall 2017.

Last three collections have really gone high fashion-y and I feel like Luke is less and less involved making clothes he'd actually want to wear, and I can get that as he's making 90 collections a season with the extra role at Jil.

Up to and including Fall 2017, I could see him wearing almost every piece and them being very personal. Can't say I feel the same for the last three.

Ahh well...

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, at least there's Jil. I've really liked the last two collections from them and found myself buying more Jil and less OAMC.
The checkerboard stuff is pretty weak but everything else is great.

https://nowfashion.com/jil-sander-menswear-spring-summer-2019-paris-25114

cGc.jpg

cGc.jpg

cGc.jpg

cGc.jpg

bmashh

Reaction score

John-Galt

Reaction score
Really liking the new Jil collections as well. It would appear a lot more stores are picking up the brand after the Meiers' appointment.

Is it just me or has Jil price just blown up. I use to get a dress shirt for 400ish and now the 'Wednesday Shirt' or whatever is like 900

bmashh

Reaction score
Really liking the new Jil collections as well. It would appear a lot more stores are picking up the brand after the Meiers' appointment.

Is it just me or has Jil price just blown up. I use to get a dress shirt for 400ish and now the 'Wednesday Shirt' or whatever is like 900
Prices have blown up. Really been eyeing this wool coach jacket with an internal quilted liner but after steep sale it’s in the $1700 CAD range: https://wantapothecary.com/ap_ca_en/removable-lining?color=415&sku=8050760658128

Tried it on in store and blew my mind, such a wonderful piece.

Unfortunately the price is still too high. If anyone was looking for a deal though, this is it.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@bmashh fwiw the Jil store has it for just over 1k and should have one more drop before they send it to Yoox. Need Supply also have it for the same price plus an extra 15% off with SUPPLYSTYLE

bmashh

Reaction score
@bmashh fwiw the Jil store has it for just over 1k and should have one more drop before they send it to Yoox. Need Supply also have it for the same price plus an extra 15% off with SUPPLYSTYLE
Awesome thanks!

bmashh

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My favourite pair of pants to date. Had to get another pair, this one is the Navy Suit Pant from s/s '17.

Featuring Lim wool coach jacket and CP crepe derby's.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

bmashh

Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol yeah I have black and navy too.
Except I reinforced the hem on the black pair because it was pretty floppy.

Pretty sure there’s still some on Yoox for the low 200’s

John-Galt

Reaction score
FW dropped on Roden Gray. Huge buy

Piece by piece, it looks but more appealing than the collection. I always have faith that RTW OAMC looks better than the runway.

The Frontline Jacket and Fold Shirts look great. Patch sweaters are back but slightly more low key. Part of me is tempted to recreate the runway look with the blanket and Cage coat

John-Galt

Reaction score
FW dropped on Roden Gray. Huge buy

Piece by piece, it looks more appealing than the collection. I always have faith that RTW OAMC looks better than the runway.

The Frontline Jacket and Fold Shirts look great. Patch sweaters are back but slightly more low key. Part of me is tempted to recreate the runway look with the blanket and Cage coat

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Geometry crewneck is great. I wish the collar was better on the gage coat and jackets though.
Harvey Nichols also has a good, but small, buy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads