OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OccultaVexillum, Feb 10, 2016.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

The grosgrain stuff is kind of a signature. They've been doing that since the beginning and even some of the Supreme stuff when Meier was there had the grosgrain details.
    The neon has always been seasonal, I mean it started as a "luxe" version of Carhatt, basically what Carhart WIP is now is what OAMC started as and then they separated pretty quick and remained a stand alone label. So the neon from the early stuff and on the beanies and whatever is likely a holdover or nod to the Carhart time but after that it's only been seasonal, like the zebra prints and animal work from this season, past seasons used the neon (a big influence was mountaineering). If you read any of the interviews he's done he talks a lot about complete concepts that guide the entire season. Like the grosgrain and buckles on the sneakers and shirting and outerwear from last season.

Their detailing is on another level, I haven't owned anything from them that didn't have crazy details. A lot of them you know about going in, but there's always something extra that you can't see from product shots and I've never known them to cut corners from taped seems to the rubberized mop buttons etc.
    OAMC is one of those "all encompassing" brands for me that I could wear head to toe.

2. OccultaVexillum

Does anybody have a pair of the Mara boots from this season of the cap toe hi tops?
    I want a pair of both, just wondering if they are indeed made by somebody other than Heschung. I've always sized down to an 11 in the past but of its a different manufacturer maybe sizing is different?

3. Maxwellll

Maxwellll Senior member

W16 lookbook added online - http://oamc.com/collection_fw16.html - and noticed the stockists growing too, seems like OAMC are doing well. SS17 show on Wednesday too, right before Lemaire.

4. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Super late but I can confirm they're not made by Heschung. Handled a pair for a while and the label indicates that they're made in Italy - quite the distance from Heschung.

Goodness more people need to get on this thread. OAMC is a true compromise between tech and fashion. Some of the tech details may be a little forced and superfluous but it pushes the envelope way beyond other tech-fashion brands. OAMC avoids mixing tech with traditional work wear like Nanamica or becoming too performance driven like Acronym. The result in the beautiful integration of details like welded seams or seam tape into ostensibly simple garments. Doesn't hurt that it looks great with Arc'teryx Veilance

5. OccultaVexillum

@John-Galt Did you try them on? Do they run small or TTS?
    I got a reply from the OAMC CS (they are always awesome if anybody is wondering) and she said to size up one because they came in smaller than they wanted. She also said all the footwear is now made to their specs in-house.

6. OccultaVexillum

7. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

They do run small, at least for people with wide feet. I tired a US 10 it was small. For reference I'm a 42 in CP Achillies, 8.5 in Carmina Rain last and 10 in Nike Flyknits

8. OccultaVexillum

Got the Mara boots. Fit is true to size/maybe half size small.

The Jacquard pattern is soo good this season, shame Haven doesnt seem to be carrying bigger sizes for OAMC this time around.
    http://shop.havenshop.ca/products/jacquard-blouson

As soon as I see the blue insert rollneck and mohair panel sweater I'm grabbing both of them. Need those cropped pants too.

9. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior member

This brand caught my attention during the FW15 season. I really like the aesthetic! I get the impression that the brand is built for taller people but I hope to make it work for me, damn it.

I picked up the green/black tradition shirt a few weeks ago. I've yet to wear it out and about - I'm intending on giving it another wash to get that tiny bit of shrinkage in - but something about it just clicked with me. Even the small seems a bit big on me; I'm debating if I should get the sleeves altered.

I'm debating on getting the ventilated crewneck tee as well; a retailer I know has it on sale for a stupid price.

10. OccultaVexillum

I like the tradition shirt. I have the white long sleeve and green short sleeve collarless one.
    I like the idea of the perforated tee I just wish it was jersey or something instead of poplin, although I guess that's basically what the SS ventilated sweatshirt is.

11. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

The perforated tee is laser cut and you can tell that process isn't perfect. If you look closely, the edges are slightly singed. Perforating jersey would lead the fabric to unravel quick than poplin.

12. AMA22

AMA22 Active Member

Glad to see this thread. Huge OAMC fan, my favorite brand by far. Got over 40 pieces by now. the 5 Favorite pieces I own are the survey boot in black (best shoe theyve done), survey coat in navy, Alpine shirt in green, henley in glen plaid, and the quilted leather jacket in black.

I have to disagree with your statement that SS16 was weak. I originally thought FW15 was the best they had done and much stronger than SS16, but now I think SS16 was stronger. Contrast shirt in tan and grey are beautiful, the savannah baseball jerseys were amazing, and the tradition shirt long and short sleeve are so crisp. My favorite is the all black safari jacket. Didnt get any of the footwear this season, all tho there were some good offerings.

Kind of sad that they are done with the frame shirts - felt there were so many great color ways they could have done, but glad they are evolving.

So many great pieces for Fall 16. They seem to be hitting stockists now, just ordered 2 of the t-shirts for the summer.

(btw luke and lucie meier are married. I saw them at an event in colette, she was decked out in OAMC.)

13. OccultaVexillum

Maybe "weak" wasn't the best choice of words, I just didn't (and still don't) think it was as good as other seasons, and this season is already amazing.
    I still ended up picking up a bunch of things from SS16, but only a few things at retail.
    btw if anybody has seen a Safari jacket (pref, black) in XL please let me know.

14. Maxwellll

Maxwellll Senior member

The AW15 Survey coat is one of my favourite OAMC pieces from any collection although I only remember seeing at one stockist (Graduate in France I think) and before I knew it, it was gone.

[​IMG]