Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Oak Street Bootmakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JRyder, Aug 31, 2010.

1. CommanderMcBragg

CommanderMcBragg Member

I bought a pair of blucher-type moccasins from this company recently; I'm in between size 12 and 13. So my shoes arrive in size 12, and I put them on before running out the door. At work that day my feet were in pain, and I had a blister on the back of my heel that night. Fast forward two months, they are my favorite shoes. I can even slide them on and off without undoing the laces.

My advice is that you will be fine, since loafers are similarly stretchy.

2. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Thanks. I think you are right I have been wearing them for several hours now and they still seem a bit snug but nothing hurting. Also big toe and little toe can't imagine having less room than this 9.5. So unless these things are going to stretch out like crazy I think the half size down was ok. Like all things only time will tell what was really right. Again this is being used more as a pair of slippers with good support so I think we are ok.

3. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

I would say that after wearing them for the 3rd day with thin socks for hours they are still snug and I am sure that a 9 would have been too small, the 9.5 was the size to have. So I wear a 10 normally, sized down half a size wearing with thin socks seems ok. I tried to get them on with normal socks and no way could not get my foot in, I would say with thick or normal socks TTS is the best. Even now my toes are right up there so I think with 9 they would have been poking out the front. Also tried with no socks and fit is the same as the thin socks so at least for me no socks or thin, half down, normal socks would be TTS.

I guess this forum does not move anywhere as fast as the AE forum....

4. spencers

spencers Senior member

Placed my order a week ago for some natural trail oxfords but still no shipping notification. I assumed they were in stock and ready to ship since other sizes were labeled as "preorder." Guess I was wrong. Are they all made to order?

5. CommanderMcBragg

CommanderMcBragg Member

Hi--

I bought mine recently and they arrived within a week, so maybe they are temporarily out of stock in your size. I was nervous about the natural at first, but I have to say that they look fantastic after having been broken in a bit. Anyone searching google down the road for something resembling the LL Bean bluchers of yore can buy these with full confidence.