• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought about the last not being ideal as there's something other than the sizing that feels funny about the boot - I'm "clomping" more than doing a regular heel-toe motion, but perhaps that's just the break-in factor.

These things are snug enough - toes just touching the end of the boot when walking - that I'd take my chances with a stretcher. Do you have any recommendations?

pima1234

Reaction score
I thought about the last not being ideal as there's something other than the sizing that feels funny about the boot - I'm "clomping" more than doing a regular heel-toe motion, but perhaps that's just the break-in factor.

These things are snug enough - toes just touching the end of the boot when walking - that I'd take my chances with a stretcher. Do you have any recommendations?

MidwestMyriad

Reaction score
The issue I've been having is the toe- box area.

On the left boot, it seems fine, however, on the right, the section of the leather that is "stiffer" (forget the term right now) seems to be further back, contacting my toe in a weird way.

I've tried stretching with my finger, and wearing thicker socks, but to no avail.

The left boot is nice and comfy after a month or so, but this right boot feels like it won't be giving due to the processing.

Not sure if this makes sense, or if others have a similar issue.

Hey, maybe my feet are just a little different sizes.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Give it to a cobbler to get it stretched.
I've had something similar on just one boot. After the stretching it was fine.

MidwestMyriad

Reaction score
Give it to a cobbler to get it stretched.
I've had something similar on just one boot. After the stretching it was fine.
Yeah I figured I would try that. I tried on a pair of 10.5's yesterday, and they felt way better than the 10's even with the month or so of wear. I'm thinking I made just need to go up a .5 size, either that or the last my not be right for my feet (I have a wide ball of foot and wide toe splay, which happens also to be wider on the right foot)

It's just different trying on boots in store, VS. being in them for 8+ hours working (feet swelling, etc.)

My only concern is that stretching the toe box will leave my pinky toes spilling over the footbed edge.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up these roughout Marine Field Shoes from Oak Street. The construction quality is top notch:

Also these Chocolate Double Sole PTB's. Love them, they feel really refined and it's nice to see Oak Street offering shoes slightly less rugged. I'm a big fan of the wheeled welt:

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked up these roughout Marine Field Shoes from Oak Street. The construction quality is top notch:

Also these Chocolate Double Sole PTB's. Love them, they feel really refined and it's nice to see Oak Street offering shoes slightly less rugged. I'm a big fan of the wheeled welt:

Great photos!

Would love to see how those chocolate PTBs age. I considered them with the recent Black Friday sale.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Can anyone share what the sizing of Oak Street's beef roll penny loafer is like in comparison to Rancourt's Weltline penny loafer. I have the rancourt Weltline penny in suede in US9.5D and the fit is perfect. Appreciate your advice

throndike

Reaction score
Hello~
I'm new to OSB boots,I'd like to buy a pair if LAKESHORE last boot.But there is no any OSB boots retailer in my country,so there is no chance to try the boots in person.I had search this thread and other information on the internet,I found very few people talk about the LAKESHORE,so if there is anybody who have LAKESHORE boots please kindly give me some advise in sizing~
I wear indy&barrie both in 6.5E, red wing IRON RANGER in 6.5.I had ask advise form OSB boots,and answer is 6.5 or 7.The LAKESHORE boots seems narrow in width. I can't make my mind to 6.5 or 7, please help me.
THANKS~

letsgofire

Reaction score

Can anyone share what the sizing of Oak Street's beef roll penny loafer is like in comparison to Rancourt's Weltline penny loafer. I have the rancourt Weltline penny in suede in US9.5D and the fit is perfect. Appreciate your advice

I sized down one size for my OSB beef roll penny loafer. I purchased a 9 instead of my normal size which is a 10. The 9 is a perfect fit for me.

letsgofire

Reaction score

Hello~
I'm new to OSB boots,I'd like to buy a pair if LAKESHORE last  boot.But there is no any OSB boots retailer in my country,so there is no chance to try the boots in person.I had search this thread and other information on the internet,I found very few people talk about the LAKESHORE,so if there is anybody who have LAKESHORE boots please kindly give me some advise in sizing~
I wear indy&barrie both in 6.5E, red wing IRON RANGER in 6.5.I had ask advise form OSB boots,and answer is 6.5 or 7.The LAKESHORE boots seems narrow in width. I can't make my mind to 6.5 or 7, please help me. 
THANKS~ 

Unfortunately I don't own the lakeshore last style, but I do own other boots by OSB. I am a size US10 and this has been a good fit for me. I would recommend you select your normal size, especially if you wear thicker socks, rather than increasing to a larger size. Good luck!

Barth

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of the OSB PTB vs the Alden PTB? The Barrie is wide on my slightly narrow foot, especially through the heel. Hoping the Lakeshore is a bit narrower. Thanks!

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if anyone is interested im going to be selling the OSB x Blue Owl workshop black waxed flesh with a commando sole in a size 8.5.. let me know!

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
Gentlemen:

Now that Highland Shoe has gone belly up, where is OSB getting their shoes from?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads