• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so comfortable. i'll probably just order the Venetian shoe cream from George. How many bottles should I get? they're only $5 so I'm thinking 4 and the brush.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
so comfortable. i'll probably just order the Venetian shoe cream from George. How many bottles should I get? they're only $5 so I'm thinking 4 and the brush.
one 2 oz bottle lasted 3-4 conditioning's. if you bought 4 bottles you would be set for a couple years. the brush is a must. i use mine after each wear.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5467293727_3cffd56c26_z.jpg

5467889044_f836a96b36_z.jpg

5467887718_861233b319_z.jpg

5467888498_0d2b50a60b_z.jpg

5467286489_c8307bffbc_z.jpg

5467285863_12b705d8f3_z.jpg

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx

Might as well stock up, $5 isn't much, but according to another poster on page 14, shipping will cost around $10.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

raven37457

Reaction score
I just purchased two bottles of venetian shoe cream from Oak Street. The shipping is a bit expensive but I think the product will be well worth it.

FYI, if you guys want to save a few bucks you can get 100% horsehair shoe brushes Made in the USA from Allen Edmonds for US$7 and polishing cloths for US$2 with free standard shipping.

BeatLA

Reaction score
Just grabbed my pair of Navy Trail Oxfords from shopwharf.com. Free shipping and no six week wait!!!

roundheadlights

Reaction score
Reasons why I should go with the Vibram instead of the Camp sole for the trail oxford? I feel like the white sole makes them look too much like boat shoes.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by roundheadlights
Reasons why I should go with the Vibram instead of the Camp sole for the trail oxford? I feel like the white sole makes them look too much like boat shoes.

i actually prefer the camp sole over the vibram sole on his trail oxfords.. it looks more natural, at least to me, but the vibram christy sole looks much better on the boots.

CMO

Reaction score
Ordered the trail Oxford on Sunday night and they are on their way... So much for the 6week wait I was expecting.

TRA8324

Reaction score
Anyone know if there will be a S/S lineup coming out soon?

JRyder

Reaction score
I can't say, but I emailed George and asked about style changes. Specifically, if crepe soles were in the future or possibly a vibram cristy sole on a beefroll loafer-I think this combo would be crazy good. Come on George do it!

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by roundheadlights

If it makes a difference, the vibram sole isn't true white. I'm not so good with colors, but it looks more off-white/very light tan to me. It's not white like sperrys if that's what you're thinking. The main reason why I chose the vibram sole over the camp sole is because I thought it gave the oxfords a better profile. I also liked the color contrast between the navy color and the brown/black part of the sole, a small factor that helped me make my decision. Pick the shoe you personally think looks better. You can't go wrong with either one, but I'd recommend the vibram oxford. As an added bonus, you get the pluses of the vibram sole - more traction, durability, easy to replace, and still comfy.

zinman74

Reaction score
Ok, my brown Chromexcel OSB trail oxfords arrived today. Thank you George for the excellent customer service and fast shipping on a great shoe! While I can't compare to Quoddy or any other high end boat shoe/moccasin company, my OSB's are beautiful to look at and comfy out of the box. I'd be wearing them tonight if we weren't expecting snow and rain.

As far as fit is concerned, I take a 10D in most things (chucks, Alden Plaza/Hampton, Adidas) and a 9.5D in things like the AE Park Ave. or Alden Barrie last. On the Branock, my left foot actually measures "between a 9.5c and a 10D" with my right foot being a solid 10D. I ordered these in a 9.5D and the fit is perfect. Not tight without socks, but no heel slip and I could wear them with thin socks without a problem. Hope this helps!

mr bunbury

Reaction score
I ordered the navy penny loafers last week and they arrived today - no wait! They are really beautiful shoes - exactly what I wanted in a loafer. I ordered a size 12 and am almost always a true to size 12 and I'd say these fit a little bit big- but nothing that can't be fixed with an insole or heel pad, which I prefer in the summertime anyway. I'm excited to wear these as the weather warms up.

I own shoes from Quoddy and Eastland, and I'd say the quality on these is as good or better!

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zinman74
Ok, my brown Chromexcel OSB trail oxfords arrived today. Thank you George for the excellent customer service and fast shipping on a great shoe! While I can't compare to Quoddy or any other high end boat shoe/moccasin company, my OSB's are beautiful to look at and comfy out of the box. I'd be wearing them tonight if we weren't expecting snow and rain.

As far as fit is concerned, I take a 10D in most things (chucks, Alden Plaza/Hampton, Adidas) and a 9.5D in things like the AE Park Ave. or Alden Barrie last. On the Branock, my left foot actually measures "between a 9.5c and a 10D" with my right foot being a solid 10D. I ordered these in a 9.5D and the fit is perfect. Not tight without socks, but no heel slip and I could wear them with thin socks without a problem. Hope this helps!

Awesome, glad they fit well. This is exactly how they fit me.

Originally Posted by mr bunbury
I ordered the navy penny loafers last week and they arrived today - no wait! They are really beautiful shoes - exactly what I wanted in a loafer. I ordered a size 12 and am almost always a true to size 12 and I'd say these fit a little bit big- but nothing that can't be fixed with an insole or heel pad, which I prefer in the summertime anyway. I'm excited to wear these as the weather warms up.

I own shoes from Quoddy and Eastland, and I'd say the quality on these is as good or better!

Nice, would you mind posting up pics? Haven't seen very many of these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads