Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Oak Street Bootmakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JRyder, Aug 31, 2010.

1. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Straight out the box! WELL worth the wait. ps - sorry about the image, I'm new to SF and still trying to figure it out.
    No worries, nice boots! This is how I learned to post images: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=1937 If your pictures are too big to upload on imageshack, open it with Paint and click "Resize". Make it like 480x720, and this doesn't have to be exact, just small enough to upload. I usually resize it again under "Upload Options/Resizing" to 640x480 and get rid of the thumbnail label.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

SF member Uncontrol actually recommended using imgur.com for hosting and it's got a lot of advantages over imageshack. It's fast and reliable, you can up multiple images at once, and you can crop and resize them, without losing image quality. Just saying.

Will post pics of my trail oxfords at some point. Have gotten a lot of wear this fall. The left shoe has creased a little weirdly but that happens with most of my moccs. Guess I got a bum left foot.

3. sirsigsalot

sirsigsalot Senior member

Really love my camp boots!! Quality is amazing. I measure to just under a 10 on the brannock, bought a pair in 9.5 and they fit comfortably. Definitely not snug, and there is a touch of room. If i get boat shoes or shoes I plan on wearing without socks I will go to a 9.

My only complaint is the name badge on the bottom of the shoe. I put these on this morning, drove to work and by the time I got to my desk, the right sole's badge was already half way off. I decided right there to rip both off and now I'm left with a little bit of risidual glue and leather.

George - if you are reading this, I would suggest 1) stitch the piece on 2) dont' have it at all.

But all in all a fantastic feeling/looking pair of boots! Well worth the money.

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

SF member Uncontrol actually recommended using imgur.com for hosting and it's got a lot of advantages over imageshack. It's fast and reliable, you can up multiple images at once, and you can crop and resize them, without losing image quality. Just saying.

Will post pics of my trail oxfords at some point. Have gotten a lot of wear this fall. The left shoe has creased a little weirdly but that happens with most of my moccs. Guess I got a bum left foot.

Imgur is the best without a doubt.

5. dizdsf

dizdsf Member

Really love my camp boots!! Quality is amazing. I measure to just under a 10 on the brannock, bought a pair in 9.5 and they fit comfortably. Definitely not snug, and there is a touch of room. If i get boat shoes or shoes I plan on wearing without socks I will go to a 9.

My only complaint is the name badge on the bottom of the shoe. I put these on this morning, drove to work and by the time I got to my desk, the right sole's badge was already half way off. I decided right there to rip both off and now I'm left with a little bit of risidual glue and leather.

George - if you are reading this, I would suggest 1) stitch the piece on 2) dont' have it at all.

But all in all a fantastic feeling/looking pair of boots! Well worth the money.

I agree with your assessment of fit. I normally wear an 11, but ordered a 10.5 hunt boot...and the fit is comfortable, with a little room to spare (with the thinnest sock I wear). At first I was slightly concerned, but then realized that I will probably be wearing the boot with a variety of socks, and that I will ultimately appreciate the little bit of extra space with a thicker wool sock, and possibly a liner.

As for the name badge, same thing happened with my trail oxfords, and I forgot all about it. I tend to think that it should be left off entirely, and possibly replaced with a simple stamp on the bottom of the rubber sole in place of the glued on badge.

I plan to write a more in-depth review when I have had the chance to wear them for a bit, but my initial feeling is that despite a few small issues (normal with handmade shoes in my opinion), the overall price to quality ratio is unbelievable. Cheers!

6. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Good to know, imageshack always bothered me. I'll definitely use imgur next time I post up pics. And nice oxfords borderline, haven't seen non-stock pics of those with camp soles.

7. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Good to know, imageshack always bothered me. I'll definitely use imgur next time I post up pics. And nice oxfords borderline, haven't seen non-stock pics of those with camp soles.

i always use photobucket ... you just upload the pic and copy the link. its simple enough for me.

8. Vinneus

Vinneus Senior member

glad to see the thread and brand really growing! so exciting for new models....

9. whatever123

the excellent oak street hunt boots in brwn:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

and in pebble:

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

the excellent oak street hunt boots in brwn: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Those look good. I should check to see if those are available lined as well

11. whatever123

more oxford pics. these are so awesome.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Those look really nice Whatever. I should post pics of mine as well.

Those hunt boots give my Yuketen Maine Guides a run for their money.

13. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

I want to order a pair of Vibram sole trail oxfords really soon but I'm still so torn. I'm pretty much a US8.5D in any dress shoe. 8.5 in Clark Desert Boots, 8 in Alden Indy Boots. Some salesman quickly measured me in a brannock device a while back and said I was an 8D which I'm not sure I even believe anymore. I want to wear these in the warm weather without socks. Oak Street tells me stick with 8.5, SF logic seems to be absolutely size down .5

What do I do!!!

14. handsometigers

handsometigers Senior member

more oxford pics. these are so awesome.

damn how many pairs did you get? they all look great by the way [​IMG]

15. whatever123

I want to order a pair of Vibram sole trail oxfords really soon but I'm still so torn. I'm pretty much a US8.5D in any dress shoe. 8.5 in Clark Desert Boots, 8 in Alden Indy Boots. Some salesman quickly measured me in a brannock device a while back and said I was an 8D which I'm not sure I even believe anymore. I want to wear these in the warm weather without socks. Oak Street tells me stick with 8.5, SF logic seems to be absolutely size down .5 What do I do!!!
    im an 8.5 in just about everything and i measured right at an 8.5 on the brannock. you can safely order whatever size you measure on the brannock and if i were you i would measure again just to be safe. i tried on a couple 8s in oak street's and i could go down a half size but it would be really tight ... personally, i am more comfortable in my regular size but if you wear w/o socks you might be okay to go down a half size but they will be tight.