Oak Street Bootmakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JRyder, Aug 31, 2010.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

This has been answered here before, but since I just got my trail mocs with vibram sole, cleaned, polished and put away for the wet winter my country rangers with crepe sole, the answer is on my mind. They are identical in all three categories-fit, finish, and style. Althought I would personally say the Yuks have a little more style than the OC.
    yeah, i would tend to agree with you. yuketen has more style out there but at the same time you have to remember they have been around a lot longer. when you consider osb started late last year and has already released 8 different styles its really quite amazing if you think about it ... but admittedly im very biased.

2. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I agree the Yuks have a bit more style, but OSB is doing an amazing job. My Yuketen Angler Mocs have a pretty amazing cushioned insole that my OSB trail oxfords don't. The OSB are great on the inside as well, but I think my Yuks have an edge there.

3. *#..

*#.. Senior member

I agree the Yuks have a bit more style, but OSB is doing an amazing job. My Yuketen Angler Mocs have a pretty amazing cushioned insole that my OSB trail oxfords don't. The OSB are great on the inside as well, but I think my Yuks have an edge there.
    Yeah, I used to really feel that line where the OSB sole ends halfway, but it's fine now.

4. whatever123

Yeah, I used to really feel that line where the OSB sole ends halfway, but it's fine now.
    totally. although he might have done the 3/4 insole to prevent the insole coming out ... although i dont know this for sure. after a while in both yuketen and quoddy's (like 6 months of wear, maybe sooner if you wear barefoot) the insoles comes undone and you have to glue them back in and its a giant pain in the ass. i wonder if if the 3/4 insole george is using will get rid of this problem?

5. *#..

*#.. Senior member

totally. although he might have done the 3/4 insole to prevent the insole coming out ... although i dont know this for sure. after a while in both yuketen and quoddy's (like 6 months of wear, maybe sooner if you wear barefoot) the insoles comes undone and you have to glue them back in and its a giant pain in the ass. i wonder if if the 3/4 insole george is using will get rid of this problem?
    Was that why you got new insoles?

6. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

after a while in both yuketen and quoddy's (like 6 months of wear, maybe sooner if you wear barefoot) the insoles comes undone and you have to glue them back in and its a giant pain in the ass.
    WHat the fuck? I thought QUoddys were made of very few pieces of leather....with no glue, staples, or shit like that... how does the insole come off? The stitches break?

7. whatever123

WHat the fuck? I thought QUoddys were made of very few pieces of leather....with no glue, staples, or shit like that... how does the insole come off? The stitches break?
    quoddys insoles are most certainly glued in. neither yuketen or quoddy stitches in the actual insole, at least on any of the models i have. maybe quoddy doesnt consider the actual insole as part of the construction of the shoe. i can tell you that quoddy doesnt use glue in constructing their soles (where most shoe manufactures use glue).

8. whatever123

Was that why you got new insoles?
    the only insoles ive had to actually replace were on my quoddy boat shoe, twice actually. they send them to you and you can glue them in. i guess you could send them into quoddy to have them do it as well. i think racknac put an insert in one of his yuketens ... were you referring to that?

9. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

Settled on some Navy Vibram Sole Trail Oxfords and a pair of Brown Hunt Boots.

10. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Settled on some Navy Vibram Sole Trail Oxfords and a pair of Brown Hunt Boots.

Nice, tell us how the boots are.

the only insoles ive had to actually replace were on my quoddy boat shoe, twice actually. they send them to you and you can glue them in. i guess you could send them into quoddy to have them do it as well.

i think racknac put an insert in one of his yuketens ... were you referring to that?

Yeah, I guess it was racknac. For some reason, I thought you replaced them.

11. racknac

racknac Senior member

^ yep that was me, I didn't exactly replace the insole... I just added an extra cushion insole to make up for the shoes being slightly loose.

12. sirsigsalot

sirsigsalot Senior member

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of Brown Camp Boots. Ordered them in a 9.5, hopefully they will fit correctly. I wear a 9.5 in most dress shoes, and measure to just under a 10D on a Brannock. Will definitely post pictures when I get them!

13. whatever123

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of Brown Camp Boots. Ordered them in a 9.5, hopefully they will fit correctly. I wear a 9.5 in most dress shoes, and measure to just under a 10D on a Brannock. Will definitely post pictures when I get them!

awesome ... nice pick-up.

yup, that sounds right and i bet they will fit you perfectly. i need to get a pair of the boots this year ...

14. sirsigsalot

sirsigsalot Senior member

yea man definitely pick a pair or two up. you seem like quote the OSBM advocate on here..i can see why though

15. Salad

Salad Senior member

I'd really like to see the Trail Oxford with a crepe sole.