• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers x StyleForum Exclusive

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say sorry about my question as I thought this was a general thread about Oak Street Bootmakers. Still thanks for the replies on sizing guys. Xchen, sounds like we're the exact same size.

ALSO, this whole thread is great. Sounds like a great experience for all involved and a real credit to the Oak Street Bootmaker (poster) for this. Great thread.

OakStreetBootmakers

Reaction score

ALSO, this whole thread is great.  Sounds like a great experience for all involved and a real credit to the Oak Street Bootmaker (poster) for this.  Great thread.

Well thanks so much man! And just so you know, the guy who is posting for Oak Street is me - George - i'm the Founder/Design Director of Oak Street Bootmakers :D

We'll have another special make-up soon - that is of course if you guys want another! And it sounds like that's what we all wanna do!

Here's a link to the standard Oak Street thread:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/296752/oak-street-bootmakers-official-affiliate-thread

Christoph

Reaction score
Man these are beautiful looking shoes, shame I missed out.

I will absolutely get in on the next exclusive ones you do. Looking forward to seeing what they are!

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll have pics up by the weekend, the lighting the last few days has been absolutely terrible.

Next for me is peanut suede trail oxford. George, could you possibly give us a status update on the cap toe oxfords? Is that still on for f/w?

OakStreetBootmakers

Reaction score

George, could you possibly give us a status update on the cap toe oxfords? Is that still on for f/w?

cap toe boots, right? i dont think i'm gonna release the oxfords just yet. it's gonna be tight but we're still shooting for sometime in September. Basically, you'll be wanting to rock these starting in Oct, so Sept drop will be perfect. We're using a heavy leather for these and it's still in development - gotta make it perfect!

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm boycotting boots these days - will have to wait for the shoe version :slayer:

racknac

Reaction score

cap toe boots, right? i dont think i'm gonna release the oxfords just yet. it's gonna be tight but we're still shooting for sometime in September. Basically, you'll be wanting to rock these starting in Oct, so Sept drop will be perfect. We're using a heavy leather for these and it's still in development - gotta make it perfect!

:slayer: nice, very interested in some captoes. Do you ever hang out at Independence? I've always wanted to say hello, I remember when you first got started and I was trying to meet you in person when I lived a few blocks away from your apt/office in Evanston.

jimney

Reaction score
So I just had a thought - why aren't there any green (like Equus's British Racing Green) shoes/boots? Would it be tremendously ugly or something, or is it just that Horween doesn't make anything like that? It seems to be like it would have some potential for shoes in this style.

OakStreetBootmakers

Reaction score

:slayer: nice, very interested in some captoes. Do you ever hang out at Independence? I've always wanted to say hello, I remember when you first got started and I was trying to meet you in person when I lived a few blocks away from your apt/office in Evanston.

yeah, i hang out at Independence as often as I can. Oak Street Bootmakers takes up 99% of my time, but i often end up at Independence in the late afternoon. Also - any party that Independence has, i'm there =) There was an independence day party at Independence on the 3rd, and I was there hanging out and getting people in shoes =) Sign up for independence emails if you haven't already www.independence-chicago.com

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day wearing the new shoes. Took 3 shots. One outside, one inside with minimal light, and one inside with natural light coming through a glass door. Almost 1 mile of NYC walking in them and they feel great.
OakStreetCavalier1.jpg

OakStreetCavalier2.jpg

OakStreetCavalier3.jpg

OakStreetBootmakers

Reaction score

So when is the next exclusive?
when's the next mto on this :)

I think I should have all the info for the new idea for you guys on Tuesday July 31st. I'll have options, and then as a community we'll pick out one option and take it from there. These 'otions' are going to be really really awesome - something oak street has never offered before :nodding:

racknac

Reaction score
My photos... they fit amazing and are super comfortable... like stepping on cork or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads