1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by OakStreetBootmakers, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cemeg

cemeg Member

The shoes fit well and are comfortable. Maybe I'm just being obsessive, but after a few wears, the leather is creasing in a different pattern on both boots. Should I be concerned or is this normal?

[​IMG]

Camera isn't so good, but you can see that the creasing is very fine on the one of the left while the right has thicker creasing patterns. It's more obvious in normal light in person.

2. 45bur

45bur Senior member

Dude, totally normal. Your feet aren't exactly the same, and your gait will largely determine how these wear. They are workbooks, beat the shit out of them and live your life.

1 person likes this.
  3. cemeg

cemeg Member

Thanks. Makes me feel better. The crease pattern happens all over the boot where one creases very thinly and the other is thick. Was just worried about quality and what not since none of my other boots did that.

4. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Read, and enjoy your boots: http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2013...eather-creasing-means-something-is-wrong.html

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  5. Austin Tremblay

Austin Tremblay Well-Known Member

Ha. 45bur, I wanna buy you a beer. Can I just steal that line from this point forward? "Dude, just [something relevant] and live your life."

6. cemeg

cemeg Member

T_T I know I should relax more about these things. I'm just the type of person that can go crazy looking at asymmetrical details. Glad I have nothing to worry about though!

7. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

I bought a pair of boat shoes earlier this year. I had a really minor nit with the stitching on one of the toe boxes. OSB took the shoes back, restitched the toe box, and returned them in perfect condition. In this situation, I was the obnoxious OCD customer, but there wasn't a moment that OSB made me feel like I was a pain. My sincerest thanks, OSB.

On top of great service, these are the most comfortable sumer shoe I have ever worn. CXL is a great material and their workup of the leather is really nice. I'm in love. I look forward to more purchases (and fewer "difficult customer" scenarios). Thanks, OSB!

8. Hudson

Hudson Member

The ultimate boot for me: Natural CXL roughout boot with commando or dainite sole...I would buy these in a heartbeat.

9. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

agreed.

10. Hudson

Hudson Member

It pains me to see that OSB has actually made such a boot for Woodlands, a gorgeous two-tone chukka, but I cannot buy it because a rubber sole is a necessity for me. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet!

11. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

I know I saw on osb Instagram that natty cxl roughout is coming to the website. You can always ask for custom sole and see if it's doable!

1 person likes this.
  12. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

I sold a pair of Indy that didn't fit too well so I could pickup that rough out boot. It's my favorite this season.

13. Hudson

Hudson Member

I may just do that! Great suggestion. I just hope it doesn't cost me an arm. Or a leg. Or both. I need those.

14. bagley920

bagley920 Senior member

The camp boots seem to be on sale everywhere and I've heard they are getting a face lift, any news on this?

15. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

George posted there was a slight redesign earlier. Can't imagine it's that big of a difference though?

16. davidw25

davidw25 Senior member

So tony posted a pic on Instagram, looks like suede or rough out trench boot. Are these soon to be released, and will they be available as a chukka?

17. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

R
    Pretty sure George said natty cxl roughout coming soon, guessing it'll be trench boot

18. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

I saw a trench with a black vibram sole mentioned earlier. Will there be a non wedge version? If so, I'm all over that

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  19. wamsankas

wamsankas Member

I have my custom order of dark brown trench captoes coming hopefully early next week... any recommendations for pre treatment on the boots? would it be different because they are dark brown instead of natural? buy a different type of shoe cream? first pair of boots so gotta do it up right to have em last forever.

20. Staticbolt

Staticbolt Active Member

Looking for some quick size advice for the trench boot, I've searched through the thread and just looking for some confirmation.

I usually measure around a 9 on a brannock device but even with thick socks I fit comfortably into 8.5 CDB with still a bit more than half a thumbs width in the toes. Should I go with a 9 like they recommend or try an 8.5?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.