1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by OakStreetBootmakers, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorba

Zorba Member

I've yet to come across a boot/shoe manufacturer who have no issues with their products from time to time, that is a given when working with leather but there is a way to go about things when a rare problem does arise.

2. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

Saw the posts on instagram. George you got some explaining to do....

3. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Haha, saw that too- gotta be natural shell, no?

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I want to know what's up with the PTB's as well. That brown (possibly CXL pair) looks sick

5. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

I have no clue, but for some reason my comments disappeared...

6. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Figured that'd happen to me as well considering George's "email me" reply :D ;)

7. OakStreetBootmakers

OakStreetBootmakers Senior member

8. OakStreetBootmakers

OakStreetBootmakers Senior member

Hey guys,
    Tomorrow (Wednesday) we'll be at Siena Tavern in Chicago during lunch - Chef David Blonsky will be showing the "From Scratch Method" - then we'll enjoy some food

If you're around, come on by!

[​IMG]

9. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

thanks for the reply. I think I'll pass them along. A good deal isn't so good if they aren't quite right.

10. deem

deem Senior member

Hey everyone, I just got my natural trail oxfords from Independence, and they look awesome. However, I have one concern over sizing. How much does the toe box loosen/stretch? They seem to fit tight/snug (as recommended), but are only slightly uncomfortable on my left big toe when I bend my foot to walk. It feels like my toe is being pinched from above a bit. It's not painful, just a bit uncomfortable. Will this stretch out or should I go up .5 size? Thanks for any advice.

Edit: This occurs even when I'm not wearing socks, but I'd like to wear thin to medium socks with them eventually.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  11. Zorba

Zorba Member

In my experience the part where your toe is rubbing/pinching is the area which stretches the most. I have slightly wide feet but went with my normal size in both pairs of my trail oxfords and after a couple of wears the rubbing ceased for me.

12. slick4life

slick4life Well-Known Member

My trail oxfords were a tight fit when I first got them (sizing down .5 from normal show size) but after a few wears they started to loose up -- now they are the most comfortable pair of shoes that I own.

13. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

mine were tight as well. stretched out nicely after awhile. now they're my everyday/favorite shoes.

14. deem

deem Senior member

Thanks for the input, guys. Its great to hear that they stretch in the toe area. I'll start breaking them in asap.

15. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I don't know if I'd be so certain about stretching on the trench boots/oxfords. While the moc-toe shoes stretch in the toe (like boat shoes, ranger mocs, loafers) the boots/oxfords will *not* be so forgiving. They have a piece of plastic in the toe to help it keep shape, and also to add a bit of durability/protection to the toe as well. My left foot is absolutely perfect, but my right big toe keeps getting sore from being too close to the end of the boot. Sometimes lasts just don't work. I'm probably going to put my TBs up for sale closer to the fall/boot season. Slightly too wide, but also a bit too short (and I'm usually an extra-wide)

I think that my pair would be more comfortable if it had an unstructured toe, that piece in the toe is just killing me (though of course it's why the boot looks so beautiful). If it were easily removed, I'd have it removed in a second.

Actually, I just sent this idea to George, to see if it's a modification that's at all possible. Probably not, but who knows.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  16. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

HW Carter is having another 20% off today it appears. black shell loafers for under $300 [​IMG]

17. titsmcgee852

titsmcgee852 Senior member

Those look sick. Do you remember the thickness or name of them?

18. Rookje

Rookje Well-Known Member

If I'm a 9.5 Wide in Sperry, what would I get in OSB's boat shoes?

19. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Ugh no #8's in 10.5 or 11 at HW Carter!!!! George help! :D

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  20. Irish

Irish Senior member

OSB -- The #8 shell loafers are superb. Look and feel is just exceptional. I see you've got the black available too. Do you have plans to introduce a shell brown too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.