1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by OakStreetBootmakers, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OakStreetBootmakers

OakStreetBootmakers Senior member

Lyonstate has 2 exclusive OSB collabs - they went up today, and some sizes are already gone in the first hours...check em out!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The natural CXL boat loafer is sick - perfect summer shoe (makes me feel like I should be wearing those and on vacation...)
    http://www.lyonstate.com/collections/oak-street-bootmakers

2. OakStreetBootmakers

3. titsmcgee852

titsmcgee852 Senior member

Thanks a lot :)

Also, had them for about two weeks now, has this happened to anyone else? Not sure how or when it happens, perhaps when I cross my legs? It's not a huge issue, adds a bit of character, but just wondering if there is there a way to remedy it at all? (as well as the scuff near the top of the boot on the second picture)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  4. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

^. I have success just using my finger and rubbing with lots of pressure. Then use some VC.

5. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

That's what happens to CXL. Want to impress both yourself and your friends about why CXL is awesome? Spit on your thumb and rub those spots hard. Like magic, it'll disappear. There will be a slight blemish, of course, but any more advanced solution is going to leave a mark as well. The remaining mark is just part of the patina. This trick works even better on shell cordovan.

6. OakStreetBootmakers

^above two comments are 100% right! That's the beauty of CXL - being able to rub at scratches / scuffs and seeing them disappear. When you rub at it, the oils come back up the surface, and 're-fill' the spot

7. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Got back my trench boots back from OSB. As originally thought (before they offered to take them in) it's just aesthetic, not structural. I think it's just dry, and next time I LP these, I'll make sure to hit the welt a little bit to give it some more moisture. Really should be getting the welt water-proofed anyway, for the amount I walk through the water.

Also, had a chance to look at/try on some Alden Natty CXL Sloat boots (basically plain toe indy boots with neocork soles). OSB wins by a lot if you want an actual boot (maybe Alden wins for a fashionable boot, though). OSB is just meatier, uses thicker CXL, and has twice as wide of a tongue (Alden's tongue is maybe an inch wide! wtf?). Alden does have speedhooks, but they look delicate, and can probably be pulled right out of the thin CXL.

Btw, OSB, I'm jealous of those Women's trench boots you teased on your twitter, with speedhooks. :) If they're properly durable, those would be excellent on the men's as well.

Anyway, got these back on my feet, and back in my boot rotation. Coming up on the end of boot weather, c'est la vie I guess.

8. titsmcgee852

titsmcgee852 Senior member

Alright that was awesome. They're barely noticable now, thanks heaps. By VC are you referring to the venetian cream?

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Yes, VC = Venetian Cream

10. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Whoa - you have a link to said teaser?

11. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

No speedhooks!!!!

1 person likes this.
  12. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Just out of curiosity, why no speedhooks? I find it... speedier to put on boots with them, and you can't see them under pants, anyway..

13. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

http://instagram.com/p/X0ox13NCc9/

I like durable speed hooks. I like to snug my boots up and it's far far easier with hooks. Love my W1Ks for that very reason. OSBTB is a badass boot, heavy duty and rugged. But they take a while to out on and tighten up. A 4 and 4 or 5 and 3 configuration would be nice.

14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

It's just my personal preference. Just don't like them. I prefer eyelets.

15. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Hey Guys. New to this thread. I'm a big Alden fan and have the Wolverine 1k boot. I also have a pair of the Oak Street Trail oxfords.

My question, How does the Elston last compare to the Wolverine or the Alden Barrie in terms of width.

I want to pull the trigger on these boots but the OSBM trail oxford and 1k boot run a little narrow in the standard width for my foot.

Thnaks in advance guys. Tried to search it but all i can find is" size up and size down" info

16. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I can't speak to the OSB trail oxford or the 1K boot as I have neither. But I do have the OSB Trench boot (Elston last) and a few Barrie-lasted boots. My personal impression is that the OSB Trench boot is definitely wider than the Barrie, and I think by quite a bit.

17. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Oh really? Thats awesome. Thats the answer i was hoping for to be honest. Thanks for the reply BootSpell :slayer:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  18. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I have never worn the Barrie last, but my experience with the Trench boots is that they are slightly narrow in the toes, and low in the toebox. Certainly narrower than Trubalance, and I think slightly narrower than 1000 Mile boots. But then, everyone's feet are different and fit in different ways...

19. digga

digga Senior member

Are you comparing these shoes in the same size, like a 10D 1000 mile to a 10D trench boot?

20. OakStreetBootmakers

Most would agree that the Elston last is similar in width to the barrie and trubalance - a generous fit to allow for your foot to expand throughout the day, yet a cup fit in the heel - which is why the Elston is so comfortable for all day/long day wear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.