1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by OakStreetBootmakers, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Yep--that's the one major thing holding me back. A black boot with a neocork sole like the Indy boot or Dainite would be killer.

2. Zorba

Zorba Member

Not sure mate but we can dream [​IMG]

3. gnu

gnu Senior member

Hopefully George is hearing this call for a black trench with a dainite/commando/neocork etc sole and will answer for fall, its literally almost every other post about the trench boots. That's the boot I've been waiting for for over a year.

1 person likes this.
  4. gnu

gnu Senior member

Double

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  5. MattBernier

MattBernier Well-Known Member

Since George reads this thread, I'd like to add mine to the voices saying we'd love a neocork or other non-wedge rubber option. My next pair of boots WILL be Oak Streets, and I'm holding out to see what soles are in store.

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Context has an exclusive on the black Trench Boot, although not with a Dainite or commando sole but the same waterlock leather sole as the Nat CXL boot. Looks pretty nice. My Nat CXL boots should arrive tomorrow!

[​IMG]

7. Mateoboom

Mateoboom Member

Hey guys, I'm sure my question has probably been answered many times before, but I'm writing an assignment (while not procrastinating!) and don't have the time to scroll through the entire thread. So saying that any responses would be greatly appreciated as I'm sure you all have lives to be getting on with as well!

I've just ordered a pair of the Navy Camp Boot in a UK 7. From the research I've done this should fit okay as my foot size is 25.5cm, which is almost exactly a 7.5 UK and I've read that sizing down a half should be no problem at all. Could anyone confirm this? I would obviously have liked to have tried before I bought, but being in the UK that is damn near impossible it would seem.

I'm also hoping someone could help in regards to care and protection. I have ordered a nice woodlore shoe tree, so that should hopefully cover the care, but when it comes to protection I'm not too sure. I have regular waterproof spray that I use for my trainers/sneakers, but have heard this is not recommended for a boot of this quality, so does anyone have any advice regarding protection, bearing in mind that I'm UK based.

Thanks for reading all that and any advice would be awesome!

Cheers!

8. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Just got my PT trench boots, size 9.5, leather sole. Fit is great, quality seems top notch. Natty CXL looks great, usual characteristic blemishes (I'm not one of those people who thinks CXL is going to look perfect ever). I wear a 9 in W1K's, went 9.5 in OSB, seems to have been just about right for me. Snug enough right now, seems to be about the right length.

I think I'm going to LP them, because I like to beat the shit out of boots, walk in seawater, salt, snow, etc. Also, swapped out the laces for a pair of old Red Wing laces (might swap them again for something a bit wider). The leather laces look fine, but I just don't feel like I can pull them tight enough around the ankle. Also, I just like the look of flat laces better.

9. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

What do you wear on Barrie/Trubalance?

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Just got my OSB PT Trench boots today. I ordered them in my Barrie size (because they didn't have my TTS size and I took a chance as I didn't want to wait six weeks). Luckily, they are perfect. I think the reason is because these boots are quite wide in the toe box. Pretty wide for a D to me, but they worked out perfectly in my case. Am looking forward to beating these up some as they will look better that way. Early for me to say yet but at the moment, I highly recommend! Some pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

For reference, like wdahab, my Trench boots (11D) are a half size up from by Wolverine 1K and barrie size (10.5D). George was right in that the Trench last offers the same toe box room as the barrie or Trubalance but fits TTS/brannock size.

1 person likes this.
  12. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I been trying to resist but I don't know if I can much longer

13. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Congrats & enjoy!

14. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Thanks, I really have you to thank, for posting those great pics. I want mine to grow up to be like yours...

15. jfoonly

jfoonly Well-Known Member

this. +1

The (vertical) room however disappears quickly with a more comfortable footbed. (I guess there is no cork midsole?)

16. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I'll agree they seem wider than a D. The length is right and the same as my W1K with a -.5 size. I'd rather it were narrower though just a hair. I am worried that it will stretch too big. It's one of those questions of which will win out. The breaking in and collapse of the toe box or the stretch of the ball of my foot.

I don't really know my Barrie size. But I remember having the same fear with my W1k and they broke on fine.

17. MattBernier

MattBernier Well-Known Member

I tried a pair on in person in preparation for saving up for them recently, and I can confirm that the toe box is unusually roomy for a D, which I consider a good thing, since my foot measures a D but my toes are so wide they force me to wear E shoes, meaning I almost always have too much volume in a shoe. With the Trench boot my toes can wiggle, but my midfoot and ankle are secure without my having to lace the boot so tight the sides touch. The heel counter is nicely sculpted too, no heel lift at all. This is the best shoe last ever made, for my feet.

18. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I would think that there must be a cork bed as they are GY welted. Isn't that fairly standard practice these days?

Well said. I would agree that after owning RW Beckman and W1K and Alden boots, these feel like they were designed for me. I've already sold my Wolverine 1K's and am actually considering doing the same with the black cherry RW's. I do like that they have a lugged sole and that they are much darker but the fit is simply OK while the OSB Trench is perfect. Once I grew accustomed to a great fit, it's hard to wear boots that don't fit so perfectly.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

After wearing them out for the night, I'll say that the fit seems about right, but I'm not 100% sure yet. There is just the slightest looseness around the foot while walking, from the unbroken in footbed. and I'm not so used to toe room. If they had size 9s in stock I might have tried those first and then coughed up the shipping if they were too tight. Part of the problem is that I don't know how the line CXL will stretch. I know with calfskin shoes I've thought that the size 9.5 were a bit too loose and got the 9s, which never ever broke in across the ball of my foot. But I'll probably just keep second guessing until they break in. With my W1k they went from maybe too big to absolutely perfect. I just hope that's the same with these.

20. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

IME, CXL is a lot like raw denim. It will strech where and how much it needs to. If your foot doesn't place pressure on the boot's width, for instance it won't stretch much. However as you indicated, the footbed will always break in and form to your foot. So many folks talk about CXL stretch but I found that in boots that had adequate width in the first place, stretch was minimal. Just my experiences, of course. YMMV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.