1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by OakStreetBootmakers, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

interesting question; inquiring minds would like to know! and i really should pick up a pair myself too this year.
    any idea if/when the trench boots are released in brown cxl with captoe or with commando sole?

2. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I think it's outsourced for the Trench Boot, not for the moc-toe stuff, though.

3. grendel

grendel Senior member

Pretty sure it's outsourced for those as well, to a place in Maine (but not Rancourt)

4. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Senior member

I suspect the moc-sewn shoes are made by the same people who make Yuketen. I mean, how many people can there be in Maine who know how to do that stuff.

5. gnu

gnu Senior member

I believe Yuketen started their own place. They were being made by Quoddy for a while. I just sort of envision a town with one moccasin factory after another, one by one down the road. With lots of moose too.

6. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

I can't find the link now, but awhile back I came across a webpage with interviews with a bunch of the Maine shoemakers. there were dozens iirc, all working for different designer houses etc.

7. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Hi George.

If i measure 8E on the Brannock, what size would you recommend I order a Trench boot?

I'd likely user an insole by the way, the orthopedic kind just over 1/8" thick. I can wear dress socks to compensate.

2) Can I order it in black? Saw that on Context as a collaboration model. Not listed on the site.

Many thanks!

8. OakStreetBootmakers

OakStreetBootmakers Senior member

Hey Sacafotos,
    8.5 should be perfect for you
    Black is currently a Context exclusive. Shoot me an email - george at oakstreetbootmakers dot com - we can talk about the black

9. OakStreetBootmakers

OakStreetBootmakers Senior member

Hey guys,
    Our flagship store in Chicago (actually on Oak Street) - Independence - is having a 1 year anniversary party this Thursday. For any Chicagoans - head on over! I'll be hanging out as well!

Here's a link to the invitation!
    http://eepurl.com/wzBwD

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Just discovered this thread. The trench boot looks awesome. Not sure about another addiction though...

11. Kaundinya

Kaundinya Active Member

I purchased the Trench Boot TTS (in correspondence to the Brannock device) and they turned out half-a-size too small (in fact, my feet still hurt from trying them on); I had to return it as I was not going to put any faith in the possibility that they may stretch. Perhaps I measured incorrectly.

In any case, they appear to be well-constructed and have fairly-low profile compared to other 'work boots'. Though I cannot say I spent much time with them as I immediately reshipped them to the retailer (Context).

12. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I'll admit I'm getting more than a little camera happy with these Trench Boots and its only been a couple of weeks since the last set of images. I've been wearing them more than usual and decided to clean them up today while on a long conference call. They've already seen a coat of Obenauf HDLP so I just cleaned off the salt with a damp cloth and brushed them for a good 10-15 minutes. Amazing what a difference a good horsehair brush will have on their appearance.

I did pour on a bit more contrast this time around but they looked so damn nice in the fading light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  13. gearhead

gearhead Senior member

great pics, boots are looking so very fine, and i see the right boot is coming along nicely

14. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Beautiful! I think I know what my next boot purchase will be. Still a few weeks wait though after ordering, right? Did you use the HDLP after your previous set of shots? Because these pics make the boots look darker. Or is it just the contrast or lighting? Nevertheless, awesome, and I can see why you want to keep snapping photos.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  15. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Hey George,

How is the oxford version of the the trench boot coming along?

16. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Yes I did add a coat a couple of weeks ago and have been wearing them almost daily as well. What really changed their appearance was a ton of brushing. That made a big difference but the images are much more contrast heavy than before.

17. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Well, my 3-month (almost) moratorium on boot purchases just ended tonight. I primarily blame #patrick_b and his photos of the Trench Boot-plain toe. I got myself a pair, albeit in the same size as I wear in the Alden Barrie (primarily because I didn't want to wait 6 weeks). The website and Tony advised TTS but some have posted here that they've gone with their Barrie size. Here's hoping I don't have to exchange for a larger size and wait 6 weeks. I just think these boots have just the right amount of sleekness balanced with the right amount of rugged work boot looks. And I'm a big fan of nat CXL.

18. Zorba

Zorba Member

I hope one day that George decides to offer the Trench boot with a dainite sole, I'd be all over a pair. The pics from patrick_b show how stunning these boots will look with age.

2 people like this.
  19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I think that will work out perfect for you. I tried them up .5 from my Barrie size and they were too big

20. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Is this in the pipeline or just dreaming? Dainite sole would elevate the trench to instakop for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.