1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by OakStreetBootmakers, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

I spoke to Justin the store manager and he said no such sale.

2. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

Hey all,

Just to clarify Oak Street was on special this weekend, but they are full price.

As for the other items, there is indeed a sale of up to 50% off. There are several brands and a good amount of sizes to choose from as well.

We encourage people to call in and swing by if you're in the area. We just recently opened and are happy to help people get the items they want.

Feel free to PM me with info regarding the sale and contact information etc.

My name is Michael, I'm the assistant store manager.

Thanks, and sorry for any confusion!

3. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

They mean Oxford in the American sense, a derby/blucher shoe.

4. scooby9369

scooby9369 New Member

I am really excited about the cap toe trench boots. I have a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile in an 8.5; from what I have read in previous posts a size 9 in the Trench boots will fit me well. Are their any retailers in the Seattle area that carry these shoes?

5. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

whoops.

6. squyntz1

squyntz1 Active Member

Hmm, I dunno about that. I wear 8.5 in both 1000 Mile and Trench. I guess if your brannock is 9 then you're good.

7. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I know that your hand-sewn models are made in Maine, and I just noticed that the new Trench boots are made in New York. Do you contract with other shoe companies to make your shoes to your specifications, or did you set up your own factory with your own employees? Sorry if this is an inappropriate question, I love your products and was just curious.

8. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I was curious about the same thing.

9. jimney

jimney Senior member

Funny enough, this came up when I was at Independence yesterday, and I found out that they contract.

I'm sure George can add to that if he wants.

10. Tatum Rag

Tatum Rag Active Member

Same here. I'm 9.5 in Barrie and the 10 Trench was way too big. Got the 9.5 and they're perfect.

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

George,

Any pics you can share of what's being shown in New York? I would love to see new styles, colors, etc.

12. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

About a week in and a light coat of Obenauf HDLP to help with snow & slush.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rolled the cuff a bit higher to show the boots. I can't get enough of them. Great job George and Oak Street!

13. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Great looking boots!

14. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Senior member

yea, I concur, great looking boots. Dig the cuff as well

15. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

boots look fly! doubting between those and the cap toes. Any fit pictures of those available?

16. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Just processed a few more images to compare three well known, US Made work boots.

Wolverine 1K Mile in brown CXL, sz 10.5D (2 yrs old)
    Red Wing 9011 GT/Beckman in Black Cherry, sz 10.5D (6 months old)
    Oak Street Trench Boot in Natural CXL, sz 11D (1 week old)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited to add comments about fit, finish, workmanship, etc.

Notes:

The 1K's are missing something in terms of aesthetics to me, no shape to speak of (to me, this became much more evident when you compare them to the other two). CXL was comfy out of the box and they are relatively light weight. Fit & finish was fine with mine but I've read about others that had a number of issues, ranging from minor/cosmetic all the way to structural. Again, mine were fine. Build quality, durability and materials have all been very good.

RW 9011 with the half lugged sole are more practical here in New England in the winter. They took a solid 10-12 hrs of light wear to break in. Before they were broken in they were a bear, however, once broken in, they are extremely comfortable and feel more substantial on the foot compared to the 1K. This is due not only because of the sole. They appear to be about an inch taller than the 1K and the leather feels beefier (this could be due to the differences in tanning as they are virtually the same in terms of thickness). With that said, I don't think I'd want a boot that is much heavier than the 9011. While I like the appearance or the idea of heavier boots, I'd likely wear them less. For instance, I coveted the Whites SD for a long time but after handling them in person, I realize that they'd be too heavy for 4 season wear (for me). Durability, workmanship and materials of the GT are all excellent.

Trench Boot took a bit of break in, not much more than a few hrs and they became very comfortable (CXL). I much prefer the last of the Oak Street boot, both in terms of fit and aesthetics. The slightly upturned toe combined with the height of the toebox make a very appealing boot. I wouldn't call them sleek but they are less blobby than the 1K and RW while maintaining its workboot roots and function. The natural CXL is the perfect canvas to showcase patina. Fit and finish are a clear step up in this class and pricepoint. The finishing really shines, especially compared to the other two. IMHO, they really got it right with the Trench Boot.They wear lighter than the RW but feel more substantial than the 1K. Oak St. Bootmakers captured all the right properties with the Trench Boot from appearance to function. I'd liken them to a fine, German sports sedan. They've married agility and lightness with the heavy, substantial clunk you get when shutting the door of a Mercedes.

Goldilocks would refer to the Trench boot as "just right" and I wouldn't disagree.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    8 people like this.
  17. squyntz1

squyntz1 Active Member

Which ones are your favorite?

18. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Trench boot...by far. I edited the original post with some comments. Just my opinions of course.

19. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

that's the exact post i needed to read! Thanks patrick_b.
    i guess i'll be purchasing some trench boots down the line.

20. Phantoom

Phantoom Well-Known Member

Damn. When do the Trench Boots go on sale...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.