1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by OakStreetBootmakers, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Senior member

well, when I stand on a brannock device, my toes are right on the 10 line. Because of this, I generally buy a 10.5 in sneakers. a size 9,5 trail oxford is the size I wear, and the fit is good. I had a 10, but I had a lot of room up front and way too much heel slippage.

@George/Oakstreet. You guys should really consider posting some foot bed and other measurements for your shoes online.

2. OakStreetBootmakers

OakStreetBootmakers Senior member

The only pairs I had on hand are with the photographer - Production is still happening! Production will be done on Friday - so we're pushing the release much quicker than we usually do, because we know that so many people have been waiting for them. As soon as I get them - we'll figure out a way for you all to see 'em!

In our lace-up shoes you'll be a 10.5, a 10 in our loafers, and a 10.5 in our new boots coming out next week!

3. Zorba

Zorba Member

George.....so same size for the new range of boots as for your trail oxfords?

4. OakStreetBootmakers

The new boots are VERY true to size. So, if you went true to size in the trail oxfords then yes. If you sized down half in trail oxfords then go up a half size.

5. tjking

tjking Member

What kind of last is it similar to. Alden trubalance or modified?

6. OakStreetBootmakers

This is actually a brand new last that we made for this new line of boots. We spent over a year designing and modifying the last to make this truly special and provide an incredible fit.

In comparing to Alden, it is most similar in shape and comfort to the Trubalance last

7. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

Its Friday.... where are the pictures.... :).... George you are KILLING ME :)

8. OakStreetBootmakers

^ Lol - I'm waiting for the photos too - it's killing me as well! Will keep you all posted!

9. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

George, I am very excited about the boots, especially if you guys do the natural cxl captoe on the white vibram sole.

About the sizing: "TTS" and "similar to Trubalance" are rarely said about the same pair of shoes. Trubalance is pretty giant, and far from TTS. I think some clarification from you guys would make it a lot easier for us to pull the trigger on pre orders.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  10. OakStreetBootmakers

=) Ah - we didn't say it's 'sized' like trubalance - rather, it's shape (if it must be compared to an Alden - which actually is a great comparison) is most similar to Trubalance. At this time we can only reference our limited sizing. I am a true 10 - meaning that on a Brannock my foot measure 10. With that said, I wear a 9.5 in Oak Street trail oxfords and a 10 in this new last used for these new boots we are discussing. Similarly, TJ from Independence is a 9 in the trail oxfords and a 9.5 in the new boot.

I designed this last 'to' the brannock - so most people will be TTS. Sizing is personal so it will vary, but most will find it to be TTS

11. jns425

jns425 Well-Known Member

So if my brannock size is 8, I'd order a 7.5 in the trail mocs and the loafers? And an 8 in the new boots?

12. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

That would be a yes.....

13. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Senior member

Thanks for using some examples regarding the sizing George. Hopefully this will save some people some time and energy when buying Oak Streets from now on. For the record, thats exactly my experience with the trail oxfords. I brannock at a 10, wear a 9.5 in the trail oxfords.

14. OakStreetBootmakers

Brannock 8 = 8 new boots, 7.5 trail oxfords, 7 loafers

The loafers need to be very very snug when new so that they conform to your foot. As we all know, Horween's chromexcel is so buttery that without laces, you need loafers to be super snug when new

15. OakStreetBootmakers

You are welcome!

16. squyntz1

squyntz1 Active Member

What if you're brannock is 8 but you have wide feet (EEE)? Size up a 1/2?

17. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

Alright it is MONDAY !!!!! SOMEONE show me some NEW BOOTS ..................:colgate: GEORGE...

18. OakStreetBootmakers

^Photographer PROMISED me "this afternoon" (but he also had agreed to Friday)....You guys know - i'm posting here when they come in!

19. tjking

tjking Member

George what's your go to shoe you wear most? Im considering the Trail Oxford in natural...

20. OakStreetBootmakers

I actually don't own the natural vibram trail oxfords (the exclusive at Independence Chicago) because we have a hard time keeping them in stock, and so I haven't wanted to put a pair on my feet while customers are trying to get them.

HOWEVER - natural is among my favorite leathers

My go to for most of the year is the Brown/Navy/Loden Vibram trail oxfords. For the past month or so I have been wearing hunt boots (including today).

Vibram trail oxfords are exceptional - they just work well with everything I wear (mostly denim and chinos)

here are the naturals for those who haven't seen them:
    http://independence-chicago.com/oak-street-bootmakers-vibram-sole-trail-oxford-natural-chromexcel/

and it looks like some CORE sizes are currently in stock (but more than half sizes are gone)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.