1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by OakStreetBootmakers, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

The navy suede won't stretch as much as a CXL would. Also, because you can lace the shoes down, I wouldn't worry as much about heel slip as I would if you were talking about a loafer. I think I'd go up in width, if I were you.

Do you generally need to go up in width on other shoes?

2. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, esp. in dress shoes like AE. But I was fine as a 10 in Iron Rangers and 1ks, largely because the leather stretches at my forefoot.

3. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

I'm just a tad over a D width, but virtually never enough to go up a width...but my peanut suede trail oxfords were quite a bit more snug on my forefoot than my natural cxl version, almost to the extent that I wished I had gone up a width. They're okay now (the difference in stretch is amazing), but it's probably my 15th wear, and even then, the forefoot wasn't as snug as it seems yours may have been.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.