1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

OAK ROOM - C&J, Alden, John Lobb, Ring Jacket, and more! - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nutcracker, Feb 26, 2015.

1. nutcracker

nutcracker Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hello folks,

My name is Robin, aka nutcracker, and I am here to humbly introduce OAK ROOM, a men's shoes and accessories store in Taipei, Taiwan, as an official affiliate partner of Styleforum. This is a store project that I have been deeply involved for a while, with a simple wish to offer some of my favorite makers and craftsmen to my fellow countrymen in Taiwan.

OAK ROOM opened its doors on September 5, 2014, as Taipei`s first and only store offering a wide selection of fine gentlemen`s shoes and accessories. We currently carry RTW shoes from Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, Foster & Son, and Carmina Shoemaker; Leather accessories from Ettinger, Rutherfords, and a host of other fine makers from around the world. We also pride ourselves for actively hosting bespoke and MTO trunk shows (shoes, bags, and more) all year round, bringing many of these artisans for the first time to Taiwan. So far we have hosted G&G, Edward Green, Foster & Son, and Il Quadrifoglio (Japan) trunk shows. We have many more distinguished brands, and talented bespoke craftsmen (especially from Japan) in line to visit us later this year. I will announce and report on such events right here on this thread.

Though we are foremostly a brick & mortar store (with 95% of our business coming from locals), I would be more than happy to offer our products to my SF family from around the world. While most of the brands we currently offer are familiar names, I hope to slowly but surely introduce distinct and unique offerings that may bring smiles to the discerning members here on SF. Feel free to browse our current online catalog (an all new, e-shopping friendly site is in the works). I will be personally running this thread, and will also be the point of contact for SF members. Feel free to PM me anytime for comments, questions, and purchase inquiries. Yes, SF members get a discount.

Like countless of members on this forum, SF has been an indespensable part of my daily routine for some years, so I am ecstatic to be able to share our store right here. Many thanks to Fok & Co for this opportunity, and I will look forward to hear from you all!

Robin Chang (nutcracker)

OAK ROOM
    BELLAVITA B1F
    No.28, Songren Rd., Xinyi Dist.,
    Taipei, 110 Taiwan
    www.oakroom.com.tw
    Facebook

Please also check out our INSTAGRAM (which doubles as my own)

[​IMG]
    We are located on B1F of BELLAVITA, the premier luxury shopping mall in Taipei

[​IMG]
    Store Interior

[​IMG]
    RTW Shoe Wall: Gaziano & Girling, Edward Green, Carmina, and Foster & Son

[​IMG]
    Bags & Accessories side: Rutherfords, Ettinger, Tateossian, Il Quadrifoglio & more

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Wow, great to have you guys on board.

3. nutcracker

Pictures from our opening and past trunk shows!

[​IMG]
    Grand Opening Sep. 5, 2014, with our special guest Andy Murphy from F&S (conversing with our VIP guest)

[​IMG]
    Opening Press Conference (televised on news!)

[​IMG]
    F&S Trunk Show

[​IMG]
    Andy and Jon from F&S

[​IMG]
    Jon measuring a client

[​IMG]
    G&G Trunk Show

[​IMG]
    Daniel at work!

[​IMG]
    Atsushi Qnai (Il Quadrifoglio)

[​IMG]
    Local celebrity fan of Il Quadrifoglio!

[​IMG]
    Il Quadrifoglio Bespoke

4. nutcracker

Thank you! Couldn`t be happier to be here!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015

5. nutcracker

On Online Purchasing:

While our current ONLINE CATALOG is very rudimentary, feel free to browse them. Size is currently mostly 6~9.5. Yes, small for international standard, but we will be increasing the size to 10.5 or 11 for our May shipment.

The Chinese New Year Clearance we are currently running may be of interest to some of you.

Listed price includes 5% VAT, which overseas clients could deduct.
    I`m happy to give SF members 10% off the list price for all non-sale items.

We currently only accept Paypal (in USD)

Please inquire / PM me for size availability, since our stock changes all the time (especially on sale items)

We are working on a a more spiffy, e-commerse website set to launch next month. Until then, I will take all orders personally.
    Please bare with us!

PM me or email me at:
    [email protected]
    for inquiry/comments/terms

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015

6. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Distinguished Member

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Distinguished Member

8. Journeyman

Journeyman Distinguished Member

This looks fantastic, Robin.

All the best with your venture and if I ever happen to pass through Taipei, I'll make sure to drop in.

Hopefully, you'll be able to entice more Japanese shoemakers to visit Taipei and to hold trunk shows in your excellent store.

9. nutcracker

Thank you folks for your kind words! Yes, we already have some Japanese makers in line for later this year. Once its official, I will post it here on the thread! :)

10. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Neat! You've always been a strong contributor here, Robin, so I imagine (and see in the pics) that your store is outstanding. I love Taipei and will certainly stop by if I'm fortunate enough to travel there again.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015

11. ltontheqt

ltontheqt Senior Member

12. chogall

chogall Distinguished Member

Looking forward to work with some japanese shoemakers!!

13. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior Member

This is terrific, Robin! I've been meaning to stop by and will try to do so in the next couple weeks. Look forward to checking out the store.

14. nutcracker

Thanks!! Really hope to meet you one day. Please do visit us!

15. nutcracker

Let me know when you`re planning to be visit Taipei the next time, perhaps I can arrange something :)