• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC trip report

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got home after a long and hot day in Manhattan.

I hit the usual hotspots...Bergdorf, Barneys, Lobb, etc. I had my first visit to the Polo mansion which ended up being a bit odd. I literally don't think there were more than 10 people in the entire building. But holy **** it is one sublime piece of architecture.

I strolled up and down Madison for the better part of an hour and came across a lot of well-dressed men. People always whine and complain about the decline of the nattily attired but I honestly didn't see it today. One guy stood out...he was pretty old, probably 60's, and had this really bold chalkstripe SB peak lapel suit. He looked almost regal you could say.

Aside from the multiple orgasms that I experienced during LuPone's performance in Gypsy, the highlight of the day was meeting the indomitable Ed Morel. He was everything I expected him to be...a complete and utter jackass at first look and listen. But underneath, he's a genuine good chap! We had a hell of a time ripping on various Internet clothing message board celebrities, passersby, and hollering at broads. Half the stuff we discussed is probably too dirty to be reproduced on the forum.
smile.gif

He also gave me a free lesson (accompanied by G&T's) on women. The information was useful, and coming from a master like The Morel, I took it to heart.

I missed the god damn 8 PM bus, but it just gave me an excuse to get dinner and a bourbon. My feet are blistered, my body is sore, so it's time for me to hit the hay.

WSW

Reaction score
Ed Morel bought an underage kid drinks?
wow.gif
wow.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WSW
Ed Morel bought an underage kid drinks?
wow.gif
wow.gif

He tried to buy something more from me, but I declined.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I strolled up and down Madison for the better part of an hour and came across a lot of well-dressed men.

musicboohoo[1].gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What the heck is going on?
confused.gif
This thread should be on its third page by now!
frown.gif
A few questions spring to mind: Was Connie wearing his new Anna Matuozzo tie? Where were you guys drinking? Did Ed go to the show too? Who paid for the bus ticket?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
confused.gif
frown.gif
A few questions spring to mind: Was Connie wearing his new Anna Matuozzo tie? Where were you guys drinking? Did Ed go to the show too? Who paid for the bus ticket?

Once again, this thread is useless without pics.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
confused.gif
frown.gif

I picked the wrong day for my gayness poll. I'm just itching to make comments here, but in the interest of maintaing a ceasefire at J's request...

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was Connie wearing his new Anna Matuozzo tie? Where were you guys drinking? Did Ed go to the show too? Who paid for the bus ticket?

how many orgasms did Ed have?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
confused.gif
frown.gif

Anna Matuozzo tie - No.
Drinking - secret locale with mucho babes.
Show - No, I did not go.
Bus Ticket - Conne paid for his ticket.

There was a lot of deviant behavior involved with the opposite sex, but we'll leave it up to you guy's imagination
devil.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Anna Matuozzo tie - No.
Drinking - secret locale with mucho babes.
Show - No, I did not go.
Bus Ticket - Conne paid for his ticket.

There was a lot of deviant behavior involved with the opposite sex, but we'll leave it up to you guy's imagination
devil.gif

Did you address him as connie? :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads