• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC traveling bespoke suit

Reaction score
so lets put this through first, yes this is my first post and no i am not affiliated with any tailor in any fashion. (obviously I have been a frequent reader of the site).

Just got my suit from Rudolf Popradi and want to give thoughts since I think it is so damn nice.

I have lots of bespoke suits before from the usual names such as RL Purple, BB custom, Richards of Greenwich, Len, and several of the off the racks (Barneys - I like Uman, Isaia is one of my favs, ) and even a Poole.

Though Rudolf lives in Montreal he frequently comes to NYC to service his clients. He even made a house call for a fitting since i am in the suburbs and he was in over a weekend.

The suit is 100% handmade by only his hands. I have scoured it over and cannot find any constructions flaws, the fit is great and the quality is top notch. In particular the roll of the lapel and the hand stiching to get this done is great. Great attention to detail. I dont think he is actively looking for clients since he is booked out months but if you are looking, it is worth a google search.

Jackie Treehorn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

lurker[1].gif

I'll be watching your watching this thread. Very meta.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so lets put this through first, yes this is my first post and no i am not affiliated with any tailor in any fashion.  (obviously I have been a frequent reader of the site).

Just got my suit from Rudolf Popradi and want to give thoughts since I think it is so damn nice.

I have lots of bespoke suits before from the usual names such as RL Purple, BB custom, Richards of Greenwich, Len, and several of the off the racks (Barneys - I like Uman, Isaia is one of my favs, ) and even a Poole.

Though Rudolf lives in Montreal he frequently comes to NYC to service his clients.  He even made a house call for a fitting since i am in the suburbs and he was in over a weekend.

The suit is 100% handmade by only his hands.  I have scoured it over and cannot find any constructions flaws, the fit is great and the quality is top notch.  In particular the roll of the lapel and the hand stiching to get this done is great.  Great attention to detail.  I dont think he is actively looking for clients since he is booked out months but if you are looking, it is worth a google search.

Pure advertising, presumably for a discount or else you are the said tailor. A valueless post, no one but no one joins a web board to eulogise about a suit they have just bought.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you post some fit pics - would be very helpful.

Reaction score
GBR, I don't think I ever had the pleasure of meeting you! Very presumptuous for you to assume that I am the tailor or for that matter even associated with the tailor. And you know what happens when you assume!

Well I am associated with the tailor- I bought a suit from him. Other than that I work for an investment company, which at times may have bought publicly traded apparel companies. Beside that I have no more connection to this tailor than you have to social graces.

I clearly started ( for those that are versed in the English language) that I was not connected in any way to the tailor. You blindly state that what I posted is untrue. So you effectively are calling mea LIAR!!!!

I do not even know who you are and you think because you have 3000 posts that you can pass judgment on me?? That is incredibly bigoted!

Did I say anything about any discount? I am simply putting out the name of a working expert who gave me a better product than I ever got before, no matter what it cost.

. "A valueless post, no one but no one joins a web board to eulogise about a suit they have just bought." Excuse me, but are you now adding another insult to my integrity because I did not do what you expected??? I could write a novel of other people in history who were also narrow minded and thought others should confirm to their standards.

Most morally minded people would apologize for calling someone a liar
, especially in a public forum, and demeaning their actions. Somehow. I think you will view yourself above this with your superior 3000+ posts.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever, just show us some bloody photos of the beautiful suit! (Please.)

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP: I realize GBR can come across as a grumpy bugger, but he has, on more than one occasion, called new members, rightly so, out for false advertising. I am not saying yours is - in fact, your post is probably written too well for that - but in short, unless you're giving a full review with specs, new members posting about their experiences with tailors tend to be in the advertising camp. That said, I don't think I have seen any reviews of the good man here, so if you could share some more specs, and perhaps pics, that would be much appreciated. He comes across as a little odd in his videos, but that's just me.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads