NYC traveling bespoke suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nycsuit addict, May 22, 2012.

1. Nycsuit addict

Nycsuit addict Member

I will take some pics and post them

2. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

My real name is Richard Fuld.

Back in '08, some friends told me it'd be a good idea to lay low for a while.

Figure it's been long enough.

3. plei89

plei89 Senior member

You def. need to post photos of the suit to redeem yourself.

4. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

"I am soft, I'm lovable but what I really want to do is reach in, rip out their heart and eat it before they die."

Richard Fuld

5. dirkweems

dirkweems Well-Known Member

I see that people like to "write" about their beautiful suits. Can we also write about our horrible suits? The truly disappointing pieces of shite that were a true waste of a winter's worth of wool growing for some far away sheep? Or does one not slag tailors and clothing establishments on SF? Is there a thread called "Waste of Thread"? Yes, I'm not embarassed to admit that I had a sucky experience with two US establishments and had to take home some ill fitting garments. Live and learn.

6. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

+1 friendly request for PICS!

7. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Once upon a time there was a Bespoke Gone Wrong thread

8. GBR

GBR Senior member

If you come to a public web board and make assertions of any type you must expect that they will be judged. just as you presume to judge mine!

It is very strange indeed for anyone who has never posted here to make his first post one extolling the virtues of a tailor who is unknown here. Statements of 'no connection' immediately imply the obvious and you should be capable of foreseeing that.

You offer no evidence and The Tukker kindly sums up the impressions you post give and which need to be tested against. After all, someone might follow your 'suggestion' and be gravely disappointed. If you do not like the heat on public web boards then desist from using them.

Last edited: May 23, 2012

9. Brendon

Brendon Senior member

Hi Nycsuitaddict
    the ralph L purple is not bespoke, it sound as though you have had a bespoke suit made. I hope you noticed the difference of the fitting etc. The first time you try the suit on it should be at the first Baist stage, ie nothing sewn in no pockets everything loosely sewn with white stitches of basting cotton. Then the next fitting with pockets sewn in. third fitting etc. If this was the process than this is a Bespoke Suit. Or as in America the word custom suit seems to apply. If you have had a Bespoke suit made then hopefully you are intelligent enough as a Banker did you say? to notice the difference between the Made to Measure efforts of the RL Purple vs a hand made suit from scratch. The purpose being that a hand made suit offers greater flexibility. As an ex Savile Row Tailor said recently in an interview, " With a bespoke suit , you get what you want and you body gets what it wants" Ie a suit made for an individual by an individual. If you have not been through this process then you have just had made to measure and you are still none the wiser. In my city you can visit a bespoke cabinet maker, bespoke dentist, bespoke Mortgage Broker, Bespoke Homeopathist, Bespoke Travel Agent and fortunately thanks to two individuals in a poplulation of over 1.4 million a Bespoke Tailor and only two.
    Good luck with your suit, the masses seem to want photo's, I will google your Tailor out of curiosity
    cheers
    Brendon

10. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Request number 5 in regard to posting pics.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2012

11. Nycsuit addict

Nycsuit addict Member

Agreed, I just put RL Purple there as an example of other suits. Certainly on the truely bespoke side i have a few suits from Len Logsdail and a Henry Poole (while in London) that i mentioned before as well as a few I did not mention as examples (my fav is a Corvato made some time ago).

12. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

Would you mind sharing some pictures with us?

13. Nycsuit addict

Nycsuit addict Member

GBR,
    You certainly have a right to do anything you want on a public web board. And you can certainly "judge" whether my opinion is the same as yours. Certainly, if you had any dealings with the tailor them be all means post it. However, you do not have the right on a public web board to call someone a liar and demean my personal integrity for why i posted it.

I have made no judgements on any of your posts, though obviously others have. I simply called you out that were wrong and inappropriate to announce me as a liar with absoltuely no basis or proof. I offered an opinion on a suit, you offered your opinion on the personal honesty and integrity of me! They are completely different animals.

"It is very strange indeed for anyone who has never posted here to make his first post one extolling the virtues of a tailor who is unknown here."

I have been reading on this site for years. I posted for the first time simply because I had a great experience with a tailor that isnt mentioned on this site (maybe once or twice). My other experiences were with tailors who are frequently opined on and since i agree with most of the opinions, I chose not to add to the clutter.
    I do not see how you find this to be strange. Interestingly, I find it strange that someone would denigrate another person based on no proof and then not even be a man (or woman) enough to acknowledge it and apologize.

"Statements of 'no connection' immediately imply the obvious and you should be capable of foreseeing that."

May be i should refer to my dictionary but I would think no connection means no connection. Clearly I knew as the first post it would render scruntiny, which is why I was upfront and honest. Anyone with half a brain who is pulling a scam would invest the 2 hours to amass a few hundred posts. I missed the part of my post where i insisted you buy a suit, or promoted buying a suit.

I may be completely wrong (i for one will admit my shortcomings) but the main purpose of this forum is to share ideas, both good and bad. So I had a good experience and posted. You decided to judge me personally.

"someone might follow your 'suggestion' and be gravely disappointed"

Really, if someone spends thousands of dollars on a suit because the read a post that one person thinks he is good then they deserve to be ripped off. Isnt the truth that if someone is interested they will gather more information, including meeting the tailor before? I have never bought a suit without performing my own due diligence.

"If you do not like the heat on public web boards then desist from using them."

Interesting. I am not sure where there is any heat. I certainly do not see any issues on this post other than one individual who publically insults someone, calls them a liar, fails to admit what they have done so, fails to remedy it and continues to egg it on by making additional false assumptions to try to substantiate their lack of social etiquette and humanity.....

I will post pictures of the suit when i get a chance to take them and I am happy to answer any questions. I will tell nobody to buy a suit from him, it is their choice and their choice alone.

14. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

This thread is bizarre.

15. GBR

GBR Senior member

The man doth protest too much....