• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NYC to Atlanta

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a bulk weight carrier at a reasonable cost? I have 3 rugs in NYC that were brought from out of country and need to get them to Atlanta. I don't want to pay a fortune and need some options. It would be ideal if someone driving from NYC to ATL could pick them up and I could throw in some bucks for gas but I haven't been able to find anyone so far.
thanks!

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greyhound is actually very cheap. Not sure if they do courier service in that area though.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For larger/heavier items I've found that DHL is the cheapest out of the big 4. I had 4 wheels shipped (75# ea) from FL to NY for $150.

TintinATL

Reaction score
I've had great experience with people I found on www.uship.com. Have had two chairs and a table transported (three different shipments). Generally it's professional transporters who are making the route anyway and they add you in for a few extra bucks.

whiteslashasian

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm having a bicycle shipped via Greyhound from Jacksonville to NYC. Will let you know how that goes.

That uship site is pretty interesting, I like the idea.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents,I'll check out the options. I didn't know greyhound offered this service,it seems like the way to go.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.