• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NYC Suit Dry Cleaning

avex

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Jil Sander suit that I would like to get dry cleaned. Since it is my only suit and it is worth quite a bit I have been nervous to take it to any old dry cleaners.

Would anyone have any advice on trustworthy NYC dry cleaners?

And is there anything I should look out for, or any specific processes that should be used for suits?

Also, I live downtown so preferably any around the lower east side.

On a side note, I have been using Stanton Taylor's on Stanton street and they do a great job.

Cheers
Chad

avex

Reaction score
Hello. Thanks for the reply. I did try searching, but I didn't find that thread. Cheers.

I usually send my shirts out to the local dry cleaners, but I am after some info that might be specific to fine suits.

I have never had a suit cleaned before, so if nobody knows any specific NYC places that do a good job on suits, it would be great o have any generalsuit cleaning tips.

Cheers

Chad

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those places mentioned in that thread are generally considered the best for suits, too. Do a seach for them by name (Hallak, Meurice, etc.) and you'll find more discussion of their work.

dan

JordanB

Reaction score
I highly recommend Meurice. They do a great job and can get any stain out. The one minor complaint that I had was that they turned a 3 button, rolling to 2 suit to a 3 button suit. But I had them redo it, and it turned out well. (And they were happy to redo it--they even had their "master presser" work on it.)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40