Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NYC Suit Dry Cleaning

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by avex, Aug 30, 2006.

1. avex

avex New Member

Hello,

I have a Jil Sander suit that I would like to get dry cleaned. Since it is my only suit and it is worth quite a bit I have been nervous to take it to any old dry cleaners.

Would anyone have any advice on trustworthy NYC dry cleaners?

And is there anything I should look out for, or any specific processes that should be used for suits?

Also, I live downtown so preferably any around the lower east side.

On a side note, I have been using Stanton Taylor's on Stanton street and they do a great job.

Cheers
    Chad

2. dah328

dah328 Senior member

3. avex

avex New Member

Hello. Thanks for the reply. I did try searching, but I didn't find that thread. Cheers.

I usually send my shirts out to the local dry cleaners, but I am after some info that might be specific to fine suits.

I have never had a suit cleaned before, so if nobody knows any specific NYC places that do a good job on suits, it would be great o have any generalsuit cleaning tips.

Cheers

Chad

4. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Those places mentioned in that thread are generally considered the best for suits, too. Do a seach for them by name (Hallak, Meurice, etc.) and you'll find more discussion of their work.

dan

5. JordanB

JordanB Senior member

I highly recommend Meurice. They do a great job and can get any stain out. The one minor complaint that I had was that they turned a 3 button, rolling to 2 suit to a 3 button suit. But I had them redo it, and it turned out well. (And they were happy to redo it--they even had their "master presser" work on it.)