1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

NYC Shopping

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Jul 2, 2005.

1. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

So I walked my friend though Central Park and got distracted by retail... if you need cheap ties and a decent selection of shirts, Davide Cenci has a few NICE markdowns. Highlights include: - Bargain Ties: $25, I picked up a nice self-tipped Drake's - A select # of Gravati shoes. $125-ea. They had a beautiful summer brown loafer and a black loafer in 7.5 D. Too small for me. Jcusey would be proud. I bought my first pair of Gravati black split toe bluchers. They have a nice size 8 derby in brown, but the heel cup cut too high on my ankle. - Shirts $70. A few nice Truzzi left. Sak's Fifth, an extra 30% off.

2. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up. I went to Sak's and their EG were an extra 30% off which is about $430 + tax. The only pair which they had that fit me were a capped oxford on the 202 last. It was a hard decision not to bite.

3. mussel

mussel Senior member

Where are the on sale EG? I looked thru the whole sales rack (all sizes) and couldn't find any.

4. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I asked the sales guy if he had anymore EG on sale. He asked me my size and pulled 2 different sizes for me to try, a 9.5 E and 10. They weren't on display.

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I bought 2 Davide Cenci ties the day of the Weston sale a few weeks ago. I'm wearing one today. Not sure who makes them -- it's the DC private label (is it Drakes?) -- but they are two of the best ties I own. $25 a piece -- I should have bought more.