• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC Sales

chrisjr

Reaction score
Gents,
Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this. My girlfriend and I are traveling to NYC from July 1-4. Haven't chosen a hotel yet.
Any idea if there will be any sales going on that weekend? Too far away to tell? Definitely want to check out the infamous Blue in Green shop.

Thanks for the help.
Cheers,
Chris

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Most shops will be on sale now and if they're not should still be around that time.

Not sure about BiG though and what their sales schedule is like, perhaps others will chime in.

chrisjr

Reaction score
Perfect. Thank you. For any residents of NYC - anything special we should be doing for July 4th?

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjr
Perfect. Thank you. For any residents of NYC - anything special we should be doing for July 4th?

Stay inside with air conditioning.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjr

A lot of people go to the beach, get drunk and bbq

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My bad, that's Los Angeles

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
there's always brighton beach
lol8[1].gif

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This year's Macy's fireworks is again (2nd year in a row) on the Hudson River. Everybody (tons and tons of people) will line the river. 3 barges, synchronized fireworks, and on NBC TV. You simply walk out west to the river and sit.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scottcw
Stay inside with air conditioning.

You should be getting ******* drunk in McCarren Park.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Stupid thread

BiG doesn't do sales, the only sale they have is the annual sale nearing Christmas.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Choosy Beggar
Holla! Woodbury's going to have a big sale but that's a pain to get out to if you're just here for the weekend.

Not true. OP can go on Fri morning: catch the first 7:30 bus as they are open at 9 on the holiday wkends and be head back at appr 2 or 3. 1hr back to Pt Authority and OP is back to his hotel by 4:30. No biggie IMO.
I would suggest that the OP get his hotel asap! He plans to arriev just over a week from now. Why wait so long?

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
You should be getting ******* drunk in McCarren Park.

Ah, Williamsburg... hipster doofus capital of the world. Like a pimple on the buttocks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads