• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC Nightlife

trajan

Reaction score
What is your favorite place to go out at night in New York?

--trajan

jleeo225

Reaction score
Laid back just hanging out for a few beers? Another Room in Tribeca. I also like going to East Side Trading Company in the Lower East Side. For a more upscale (but by no means more cool) time, I enjoy going to Pegu.

heavyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trajan
What is your favorite place to go out at night in New York?

--trajan

for what? so many options...

i could say anything from the carlyle hotel bar to a club to a restaurant...

what kind of night are you thinking?

meat packing district is a great night for the youngish set and those not as familiar with the city as well.

but then... stay out late enough and the entire city becomes a playground...

barrytalley3

Reaction score
I had a similar question so I figured I would post it here instead of starting a new thread.

What are some good sports bars?

I will be in the city this weekend for a friends birthday and want to watch the FA Cup final on saturday.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like to put on a three piece and go to the Algonquin. There, I listen to cabaret and consume too much scotch.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barrytalley3
I had a similar question so I figured I would post it here instead of starting a new thread.

What are some good sports bars?

I will be in the city this weekend for a friends birthday and want to watch the FA Cup final on saturday.

Well, the official Manshester United bar in New York is Nevada Smiths, home of the NY Reds. It also serves as home of the New York Blues, Chelsea's official NY supporters club, so if you're looking for real football atmosphere.....

Get there early (8:30 should be OK), as the place will be hopping. Pre-game begins @ 9. There'll be a $20 PPV charge. 74 Third Ave., btwn 11th & 12th Streets

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jleeo225
. . . I also like going to East Side Trading Company in the Lower East Side. . .
Make sure to order a Manhattan. One of the few places where you will get a real marasca cherry (and it will be made with Rye).

Business must be bad, though. They finally put a sign on the door.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the really nice places that don't have sign on their door.
kind of like old time Pravda or now-defunct SPY.

I want to find new places in NYC may it be a good Argentinean restaurant, hotel bar with great service or a lounge with a nice atmosphere.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My absolute must when I am in NYC is the Nancy Whiskey in Tribeca.

jleeo225

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gracian
Try Angel's Share in the East Village. It's tucked away in a Japanese restaurant. No signs on the door.

http://nymag.com/listings/bar/angels_share/

Very cool place. Yes, its rules are peculiar -- e.g., can't really show up in a group of more than four, no standing, must keep your voice down -- but a nice place to have a drink or two. Good ice.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
My absolute must when I am in NYC is the Nancy Whiskey in Tribeca.

Nancy Whiskey Pub! Shuffleboard & NY's drunkest bartender
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads