1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NYC hotels where visiting baseball teams stay?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by JSC437, Jul 16, 2009.

1. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Random Question....

Does anyone know what NYC hotels the visiting teams (vs Mets and Yankees) stay in?

My friend is a big Detroit Tigers fan and she just asked me where they stay when they play the Yankees. Does anyone have any idea?

My friend likes to sit out front and get the autographs, etc...

2. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I think a bunch of players stayed at the Grand Hyatt during the All Star Game last year, but I would bet that teams all have their own standard hotel. New York isn't like Milwaukee, where everyone stays at the Pfister.

4. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

6. romafan

romafan Senior member

S Roma stayed at the Hilton on 7th & 52nd(?) the one time they were in town. I know this doesn't really answer your question, but it was really cool seeing them in (sharp!) suits coming out to head over to the UN....

7. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

I know the Phillies stay at the Parker Meridien hotel in midtown. I ran into a couple of them while in line at the burger joint inside.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^strange that people that play in philly would have the good sense to stay there. presumable, a hojo's would be a step up from anything in that god-forsaken city

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Grand Hyatt is where I know most AL teams stay when visiting the Bronx

10. randallr

randallr Senior member

Grand Hyatt is where I know most AL teams stay when visiting the Bronx

I work near that place, Rob.

11. NewYorkIslander

not far from Grand Central...right across the street in fact...noice hotel that is...my uncle used to take his kids during the day to get autographs...they have tons...some funny stories too, one involves Chuck Knoblauch...before he was a d-bag Yankee.

12. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Stalker!!!

You guys are funny.

Nah... my-coworker (the Tigers fan) is an attractive female who likes to get autographs and her photos taken with the players. I believe her intentions are of the typical fan variety, as opposed to your more sinister interpretations.

Thanks for the help

13. NewYorkIslander

my-coworker (the Tigers fan) is an attractive female who likes to get autographs and her photos taken with the players.

She'll have no problem then...lil kids and pretty girls are the quickest way to an athlete, just not in that order

14. fredfred

fredfred Senior member

Yeah, I've been around the Grand Hyatt when some kids were hanging out waiting to get autographs. It's fun to see things that make you forget NYC and remember being a kid.

15. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I know the Phillies stay at the Parker Meridien hotel in midtown. I ran into a couple of them while in line at the burger joint inside.

Great burgers there.

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member